Jump to content

Featured Replies

9 :down: (from 4) Kelly Clarkson - Mr Know It All [D]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51GjTYRYTgL._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 6-4-9 [3 wks]

 

Release date: 16-10-2011

Format: download only track

Label: RCA Records Label

 

As the very first winner of the AMERICAN IDOL television show competition, Kelly Clarkson was inevitably pegged as little more than a manufactured pop commodity. The surprisingly versatile singer managed to survive against expectations, however, and released one of the most infectious singles of 2005, "Since U Been Gone." The success of the song not only endeared Clarkson to a tremendously diverse cross-section of the music listening population, it altered her status from mere contest winner to genuine pop sensation and pointed to a career worth following. - HMV

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2003 06 Miss Independent

2003 35 Low / The Trouble With Love Is

2005 05 Since U Been Gone

2005 09 Behind These Hazel Eyes

2005 07 Because Of You

2006 21 Walk Away

2006 22 Breakaway

2007 09 Never Again

2009 01 My Life Would Suck Without You

2009 36 I Do Not Hook Up

2009 66 Already Gone

2011 04 Mr Know It All

 

Discussion Thread Here

  • Replies 356
  • Views 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch, a bit of a drop for this - although I suppose it's only still top 10 because of its XF performance, it'd probably be like #19 now without it.
Entire country of Portugal in GINGER SNUB SHOCK.

 

I wouldn't snub a ginger if I had seen one... :lol:

Kuduro is a dance that came from Angola and quickly spreaded into Portugal and the Portuguese and Angolan immigrant communities, especially in France, where Lucenzo comes from. I don't think he's actually Portuguese, but his parents are and he defintely sings in Portuguese from Portugal.

 

The word Kuduro comes from the word cú duro, that mean "hard ass"... :kink:

 

Lucenzo was born in Portugal and lives in France I believe. Don Omar is from Puerto Rico, which is the origin of another genre of music called danza. So Puerto Rico + Portugal = Danza Kuduro. Fun :P

 

EDIT: No, other way round, born in France and based in Portugal.

Edited by Bré

Just The Way You Are and Mr. Know It All is another mash-up waiting to happen.
Kuduro is a dance that came from Angola and quickly spreaded into Portugal and the Portuguese and Angolan immigrant communities, especially in France, where Lucenzo comes from. I don't think he's actually Portuguese, but his parents are and he defintely sings in Portuguese from Portugal.

 

The word Kuduro comes from the word cú duro, that mean "hard ass"... :kink:

So it's about a donkey :o

Cher Lloyd is winning me over by repeatedly making Reggie look a bit stupid.
Cher Lloyd is winning me over by repeatedly making Reggie look a bit stupid.

 

It's not hard tbh.

  • Author

8 :down: (from 6) Charlene Soraia - Wherever You Will Go [D]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rxXizllbL._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 20-7-3-6-8 [5 wks]

 

Release date: 30-09-2011

Format: download only single

Label: EMI UK

 

Video here:

 

download track listing

1. Wherever You Will Go

2. Lightyears

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2011 03 Wherever You Will Go

It's not hard tbh.

 

True, but I don't recall her doing so last time she was in.

So it's about a donkey :o

 

No it's about having a very powerful rear... :lol:

7 :left: (from 7) LMFAO - Sexy And I Know It [D]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hRBNciLwL._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 60-xx(9 wks)-20-7-5-8-7-7 [7 wks]

 

Format: download only track

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2009 09 Let The Bass Kick In Miami Girl (Chuckie & LMFAO)

2010 01 Gettin' Over You (David Guetta And Chris Willis Feat. Fergie And LMFAO)

2011 01 Party Rock Anthem (LMFAO Feat. Lauren Bennet & GoonRock)

2011 32 Champagne Showers (LMFAO Feat. Natalia Kills)

2011 05 Sexy And I Know It

 

Discussion Thread Here

It's weird how this song never properly blew up, it climbed to the top 5 really quickly, then just... stopped. It could have very good longevity though.
I personally don't find them that sexy...
I personally don't find them that sexy...

 

I believe that's the point (or at least I hope it is).

It's weird how this song never properly blew up, it climbed to the top 5 really quickly, then just... stopped. It could have very good longevity though.

 

Presumably cos it's shite :kink:

 

I personally don't find them that sexy...

 

I think there is a certain degree of irony involved here. Consideirng they were originally called Sexy Dudes though I'm not convinced.

It's weird how this song never properly blew up, it climbed to the top 5 really quickly, then just... stopped. It could have very good longevity though.

 

I think it blew up originally because of the video but think the top 3-5 songs sell to much for them to move up the chart anymore because they've been on the album which was out. I think the same will happen to 'Lego House'!

On the subject of Kuduro, it's a shame 'Sound Of Kuduro' by Buraka Som Sistema featuring M.I.A (and some other people) wasn't a hit a few years back :(

 

I personally don't find them that sexy...

 

I doubt anyone does!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.