Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Author
OCC have now confirmed that 21 has sold 4 million and 19 2 million in the UK :o
  • Replies 342
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't notice any pitch changes at all - I'll take everyone's word for it though :lol:
I don't notice any pitch changes at all - I'll take everyone's word for it though :lol:

 

It's very minimal, and only on certain songs, but I still find it irritating :( Always happens when out clubbing too, songs are always played at a higher pitch.

Wow great for Adele, 6 million UK album sales now to her name and she has at least 1 million sales more left to come from these 2 albums at the lowest i think.
Reggie must have mentioned Flo Rida's baldness every single week since Good Feeling entered the chart however long ago - getting slightly irritating now.

3 :down: (from 1) DJ Fresh Feat. Rita Ora - Hot Right Now [P]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51o2ipJg8hL._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 1-3 [2 wks]

 

Release date: 13-02-2012

Format: LS [12" only]

Catalogue Number: MOS221T

Label: ministryofsound

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

DJ Fresh

2003 58 Signal/Big Love (Fresh BC)

2003 60 Dalicks/Temple Of Doom

2004 73 Submarines

2004 74 Colossus/Hooded (Fresh BC)

2004 68 When The Sun Goes Down (DJ Fresh Feat. Adam F)

2004 60 Capture The Flag (Fresh)

2005 59 Supernature (Baron And Fresh)

2005 60 Tarantula/Fasten Your Seatbelt (Pendulum And Fresh Featuring Spyda)

2010 24 Gold Dust

2011 01 Louder (DJ Fresh Feat. Sian Evans)

2012 01 Hot Right Now (DJ Fresh Feat. Rita Ora)

 

Rita Ora

2012 01 Hot Right Now (DJ Fresh Feat. Rita Ora)

 

Discussion Thread Here

I can't believe how many people are interested in a whole album by Gotye. I doubt he'll have any more hits though :P

 

 

There's so many artists that I have said this about in the past.

Weird to see Gotye's album still inside the top 5 - his reveal that "Somebody That I Used To Know" is the only 'big hit' on the album worried me somehow - so much so that I would never purchase it. Hopefully he's more than a one-hit wonder though, following Owl City's footsteps is not something I'd wish upon any artist.
It's very minimal, and only on certain songs, but I still find it irritating :( Always happens when out clubbing too, songs are always played at a higher pitch.

 

As someone said before, it's probably because of the video versions being used, they are converted from USA NTSC format I guess. As for clubbing it's usually so it's in the right tempo to be mixed with the right song, that does annoy me too actually, but usually I think I must just be drunk :lol:

Have you heard it? One of my faves of the year so far :wub:

Yep, I bought it back when it was released last year. It is rather good, probably his best to date, but I really wasn't expecting it to stay top 5 this week.

Weird to see Gotye's album still inside the top 5 - his reveal that "Somebody That I Used To Know" is the only 'big hit' on the album worried me somehow - so much so that I would never purchase it. Hopefully he's more than a one-hit wonder though, following Owl City's footsteps is not something I'd wish upon any artist.

 

God, remember Owl City? :( Fireflies was amazing.

 

 

  • Author

2 :left: (from 2) Emeli Sande - Next To Me [D]

 

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SkBIEVNtL._AA115_.jpg

 

Chart Run: 2-2 [2 wks]

 

Release date: 12-02-2012

Format: download only single

Label: Virgin UK

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2009 06 Diamond Rings (Chipmunk Feat. Emeli Sande)

2010 08 Never Be Your Woman (Naughty Boy Presents Wiley feat. Emeli Sande)

2011 02 Heaven

2011 01 Read All About It (Professor Green Feat. Emeli Sande)

2011 21 Daddy (Emeli Sande Feat. Naughty Boy)

2012 02 Next To Me

2012 49 Read All About It Pt 3

 

Album Discussion Here

1 :up: (from 3) Gotye feat. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know [D]

 

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u11/gooddelta/gotyesomebodythatiusedtoknow.jpg

 

Chart Run: 36-21-7-3-1-3-1 [7 wks]

 

Release date: 01-01-2012

Format: download only track

Label: Universal-Island Records Ltd.

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Gotye

2012 01 Somebody That I Used To Know (Gotye feat. Kimbra)

 

Kimbra

2012 01 Somebody That I Used To Know (Gotye feat. Kimbra)

 

Album Discussion Here

Reggie must have mentioned Flo Rida's baldness every single week since Good Feeling entered the chart however long ago - getting slightly irritating now.

 

 

 

isn't Reggie a bit bald too.

God, remember Owl City? :( Fireflies was amazing.

 

 

Umbrella Beach was criminally overlooked.

> #1 [:up: from #3]

> GOTYE feat. KIMBRA

> “Somebody That I Used To Know” [2nd single from “Making Mirrors”]

> 97-36-21-7-3-1-3-1-

> 7 weeks top 40; 8 weeks top 100

 

> #2 [:left: NON-MOVER]

> EMELI SANDÉ

> “Next To Me” [3rd single from “Our Version Of Events”]

> 2-2-

> 2 weeks top 40

 

> #3 [:down: from #1]

> DJ FRESH feat. RITA ORA

> “Hot Right Now” [non-album single]

> 1-3-

> 2 weeks top 40

 

> #4 [:up: from #5]

> FLO RIDA feat. SIA

> “Wild Ones” [2nd single from “Only One Rida (Part 2)”]

> 5-5-6-5-4-

> 5 weeks top 40

 

> #5 [:down: from #4]

> DAVID GUETTA feat. SIA

> “Titanium” [4th single from “Nothing But The Beat”]

> 16-31-53-93-x(17)-61-8-3-2-1-2-4-

> 9 weeks top 40; 11 weeks top 75; 12 weeks top 100

 

> #6 [:left: NON-MOVER]

> JESSIE J

> “Domino” [6th single from “Who You Are”]

> 54-34-8-1-1-3-4-4-6-6-

> 9 weeks top 40; 10 weeks top 75

 

> #7 [:up: from #16]

> NICKI MINAJ

> “Starships” [1st single from “Pink Friday - Roman Reloaded”]

> 16-7-

> 2 weeks top 40

 

> #8 [:up: from #11]

> DAVID GUETTA feat. NICKI MINAJ

> “Turn Me On” [5th single from “Nothing But The Beat”]

> 20-23-43-64-x(17)-33-11-11-8-

> 6 weeks top 40; 8 weeks top 75

 

> #9 [:ne: NEW ENTRY]

> GYM CLASS HEROES feat. NEON HITCH

> “Ass Back Home” [2nd single from “The Papercut Chronicles II”]

> 9-

> 1 week top 40

 

> #10 [:down: from #8]

> WILL.I.AM feat. MICK JAGGER and JENNIFER LOPEZ

> “T.H.E (The Hardest Ever)” [1st single from “#willpower”]

> 3-8-10-

> 3 weeks top 40

 

> #11 [:up: from #17]

> ED SHEERAN

> “Drunk” [4th single from “+”]

> 63-87-x(16)-92-29-15-14-17-11-

> 5 weeks top 40; 6 weeks top 75; 8 weeks top 100

 

> #12 [:down: from #7]

> ALYSSA REID feat. JUMP SMOKERS

> “Alone Again” [1st single from “The Game”]

> 2-5-7-12-

> 4 weeks top 40

 

> #13 [:left: NON-MOVER]

> KELLY CLARKSON

> “What Doesn’t Kill You (Stronger)” [2nd single from “Stronger”]

> 71-21-11-8-8-9-13-13-

> 7 weeks top 40; 8 weeks top 75

 

> #14 [:up: from #15]

> LANA DEL REY

> “Born To Die” [2nd single from “Born To Die”]

> 14-9-10-15-14-

> 5 weeks top 40

 

> #15 [:down: from #12]

> RIZZLE KICKS

> “Mama Do The Hump” [5th single from “Stereo Typical”]

> 97-44-18-12-10-5-3-2-4-7-8-12-15-

> 11 weeks top 40; 12 weeks top 75; 13 weeks top 100

 

> #16 [:up: from #25]

> LMFAO

> “Sexy And I Know It” [3rd single from “Sorry For Party Rocking”]

> 60-x(9)-20-7-5-8-7-7-8-11-17-13-17-16-19-9-11-15-18-25-25-24-25-16-

> 22 weeks top 40; 23 weeks top 75

 

> #17 [:up: from #37]

> ED SHEERAN

> “Lego House” [3rd single from “+”]

> 98-x(2)-71-30-18-12-6-5-5-7-7-10-9-14-7-13-17-22-26-32-31-37-17-

> 20 weeks top 40; 21 weeks top 75; 22 weeks top 100

 

> #18 [:left: NON-MOVER]

> PITBULL feat. CHRIS BROWN

> “International Love” [4th single from “Planet Pit”]

> 99-94-44-23-13-10-10-12-18-18-

> 7 weeks top 40; 8 weeks top 75; 10 weeks top 100

 

> #19 [:down: from #10]

> COVER DRIVE

> “Twilight” [2nd single from “Bajan Style”]

> 1-6-7-10-19-

> 5 weeks top 40

 

> #20 [:down: from #19]

> LANA DEL REY

> “Video Games” [1st single from “Born To Die”]

> 9-15-12-13-19-24-32-38-40-29-36-26-16-20-20-17-13-19-20-

> 19 weeks top 40

 

> #21 [:up: from #23]

> LIL WAYNE feat. BRUNO MARS

> “Mirror” [5th single from “Tha Carter IV”]

> 91-x(7)-68-38-23-21-

> 3 weeks top 40; 4 weeks top 75; 5 weeks top 100

 

> #22 [:up: from #34]

> RIHANNA feat. CALVIN HARRIS

> “We Found Love” [1st single from “Talk That Talk”]

> 1-1-1-3-2-1-1-1-3-4-5-10-5-9-11-17-24-28-32-34-22-

> 21 weeks top 40

 

> #23 [:up: from #24]

> COLDPLAY

> “Paradise” [2nd single from “Mylo Xyloto”]

> 14-17-20-13-11-12-7-2-5-1-2-7-10-17-20-21-24-23-

> 18 weeks top 40

 

> #24 [:down: from #9]

> ONE DIRECTION

> “One Thing” [3rd single from “Up All Night”]

> 28-36-38-26-9-24-

> 6 weeks top 40

 

> #25 [:up: from #46]

> CHER LLOYD feat. ASTRO

> “Want U Back” [3rd single from “Sticks + Stones”]

> 56-26-38-39-43-46-25-

> 4 weeks top 40; 7 weeks top 75

 

> #26 [:up: from #28]

> OLLY MURS

> “Dance With Me Tonight” [2nd single from “In Case You Didn’t Know”]

> 2-2-1-3-6-2-6-9-12-13-16-16-28-26-

> 14 weeks top 40

 

> #27 [:up: from #35]

> EMELI SANDÉ

> “Heaven” [1st single from “Our Version Of Events”]

> 2-7-11-19-23-28-22-28-41-52-46-54-82-x(1)-97-x(5)-69-85-78-72-64-49-35-27-

> 10 weeks top 40; 18 weeks top 75; 22 weeks top 100

 

> #28 [:up: from #39]

> ADELE

> “Rolling In The Deep” [1st single from “21”]

> 2-3-4-5-4-4-5-9-8-9-15-16-16-22-26-27-33-34-26-31-37-41-44-45-43-47-36-51-44-45-50-52-49-40-50-54-55-56-51-55-69-...

...-62-68-76-80-70-77-75-69-45-39-55-70-77-82-76-39-28-

> 26 weeks top 40; 52 weeks top 75; 58 weeks top 100

 

> #29 [:down: from #21]

> FLO RIDA

> “Good Feeling” [1st single from “Only One Rida (Part 2)”]

> 2-3-4-5-6-7-3-1-2-5-9-12-17-21-29-

> 15 weeks top 40

 

> #30 [:re: RE-ENTRY]

> COLDPLAY

> “Charlie Brown” [3rd single from “Mylo Xyloto”]

> 55-x(7)-86-x(1)-30-

> 1 week top 40; 2 weeks top 75; 3 weeks top 100

 

> #31 [:down: from #30]

> MAROON 5 feat. CHRISTINA AGUILERA

> “Moves Like Jagger” [4th single from “Hands All Over”]

> 3-3-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-4-5-5-9-7-8-10-16-14-15-11-12-12-16-23-27-30-30-31-

> 28 weeks top 40

 

> #32 [:up: from #41]

> ADELE

> “Someone Like You” [2nd single from “21”]

> 36-33-47-1-1-1-1-2-1-2-3-6-12-12-11-14-17-21-20-24-27-29-34-30-30-28-35-33-35-40-43-27-17-24-32-32-31-33-41-43-45-...

...-50-48-56-49-51-50-49-27-28-40-43-53-51-58-41-32-

> 40 weeks top 40; 57 weeks top 75

 

> #33 [:up: from #65]

> ED SHEERAN

> “The A Team” [1st single from “+”]

> 3-5-6-3-3-3-4-4-7-6-9-13-18-14-7-11-13-9-14-20-22-28-26-30-34-40-44-45-17-33-42-51-48-48-52-65-33-

> 29 weeks top 40; 37 weeks top 75

 

> #34 [:down: from #22]

> LLOYD feat. ANDRÉ 3000 and LIL WAYNE

> “Dedication To My Ex (Miss That)” [3rd single from “King Of Hearts”]

> 3-4-8-13-10-5-6-12-13-15-22-34-

> 12 weeks top 40

 

> #35 [:up: from #54]

> JASON DERÜLO

> “Breathing” [4th single from “Future History”]

> 49-45-42-54-35-

> 1 week top 40; 5 weeks top 75

 

> #36 [:left: NON-MOVER]

> CHRISTINA PERRI

> “Jar Of Hearts” [1st single from “lovestrong.”]

> 90-x(4)-91-52-49-42-46-17-5-4-6-6-8-8-11-12-12-4-7-11-14-17-10-12-18-27-32-30-19-25-27-27-37-22-33-36-36-

> 30 weeks top 40; 34 weeks top 75; 36 weeks top 100

 

> #37 [:up: from #76]

> JAY-Z and KANYE WEST

> “Niggas In Paris” [4th single from “Watch The Throne”]

> 76-37-

> 1 week top 40; 2 weeks top 100

 

> #38 [:down: from #29]

> AVICII

> “Levels” [non-album single]

> 4-5-8-7-9-12-4-4-7-15-19-20-29-38-

> 14 weeks top 40

 

> #39 [:down: from #27]

> LABRINTH feat. TINIE TEMPAH

> “Earthquake” [2nd single from “Electronic Earth”]

> 2-3-3-4-5-6-11-12-16-8-7-10-14-11-14-19-27-39-

> 18 weeks top 40

 

> #40 [:up: from #53]

> NADIA ALI

> “Rapture” [1st (?) single from “Queen Of Clubs Trilogy - Onyx Edition”]

> 56-80-46-41-44-45-53-40-

> 1 week top 40; 7 weeks top 75; 8 weeks top 100

 

Woo for Gotye being back at #1 :D

If it wasn't for my huge jubilation at the Carling Cup result, I'd be more pissed off at that crap being #1 again, but alas, I don't even care.
Never liked STIUTK and probably never will. Really don't get the hype around it, it's just so dull. :(

(Got)yay!

 

I do love a good return to #1 when it's fully deserved :wub: He might as well make the most out of the only hit he's ever going to have!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.