Jump to content

Featured Replies

Umbrella Beach was criminally overlooked.

 

Should have gone with Vanilla Twilight, his only other top 100 hit. :cry: All 3 are/were life-defining though.

 

Anyway, good #1 etc.

  • Replies 342
  • Views 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels really weird looking back on when we were so happy it'd even made the top 40! :lol: Definitely looking likely to be one of the biggest-selling songs of the year! :D
Never liked STIUTK and probably never will. Really don't get the hype around it, it's just so dull. :(

 

Same, I just don't like it...

Yep, I bought it back when it was released last year. It is rather good, probably his best to date, but I really wasn't expecting it to stay top 5 this week.

 

I must admit I haven't heard his first two, are they in a similar vein?

 

Glad he's back at #1 this week, STIUTK always deserved more than one week at pole position, even when it looked like it would miss the top 10 :lol:

I hope Gotye hold Dappy off #1 next week - I'm hating all these one week #1s!
  • Author
I hope Gotye hold Dappy off #1 next week - I'm hating all these one week #1s!

Me too - fingers crossed!

I hope Gotye hold Dappy off #1 next week - I'm hating all these one week #1s!

 

Why, though? Surely it's great that more songs are getting to #1 instead of one hogging the spot for ages?

  • Author
Why, though? Surely it's great that more songs are getting to #1 instead of one hogging the spot for ages?

That's down to personal preference - I prefer longer running #1s too.

I must admit I haven't heard his first two, are they in a similar vein?

 

Glad he's back at #1 this week, STIUTK always deserved more than one week at pole position, even when it looked like it would miss the top 10 :lol:

I bought Like Drawing Blood when it came out and found it to be quite difficult to get in to, Learnalilgivinanlovin is the poppiest moment there (and by far the shortest).

Why, though? Surely it's great that more songs are getting to #1 instead of one hogging the spot for ages?

 

It diminishes the achievement though if so many songs are able to do it with a bit of held-back momentum.

Yay! Gotye!!!!!! :cheer: It seems I'm one of the few that thought before it was released it would be massive. Just seeing it slay worldwide charts last year, and the fact that it's so catchy and infectious, I thought it was likely to be a hit here.

 

A fantastic top 2 yet again, as Emeli's song is brilliant too. :wub:

Anyone else found the mistake on the albums chart (according to the BBC).

 

12 (16) Twin Atlantic 'Free' :up: [19 weeks / Red Bull Records]

 

^ Should be Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, haha. Had to double take at first, wondered whether Twin Atlantic was in some sort of shock promotion.

Never liked STIUTK and probably never will. Really don't get the hype around it, it's just so dull. :(

 

 

the first line of the chorus has a huge hook for me. It does something to by brain. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

the first line of the chorus has a huge hook for me. It does something to by brain. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

 

The chorus to me is amazing aswell. :wub:

 

Other highlights of the song to me are the "boing" sounds and the military-sounding drums that come in after about 45 seconds (and at other points in the song), and also at the end where Kimbra sings the "aaa-aaaa-aaah"s and "ooo-ooooo-oooh"s. :heart:

the first line of the chorus has a huge hook for me. It does something to by brain. I don't expect everyone to feel the same.

Agree. That's when it really kicks in for me, and it just gets better from there! :heart:

40-100;

 

041 (057) Adele 'Set Fire to the Rain' :up:

044 (014) Whitney Houston 'I Will Always Love You' :down:

045 (028) Pixie Lott 'Kiss the Stars' :down:

046 (082) Florence and the Machine 'Shake It Out' :up:

047 (179) Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds 'AKA... What a Life' :up:

050 (143) Florence and the Machine 'No Light, No Light' :up:

053 (077) M.I.A. 'Bad Girls' :up:

055 (099) Tyga 'Rack City' :up:

057 (068) Rihanna 'You da One' :up:

062 (020) Whitney Houston 'I Wanna Be With Somebody' :down:

064 (***) Blur 'Song 2' :re:

069 (120) DJ Fresh 'Louder' :up:

071 (***) Kanye West / Jamie Foxx 'Gold Digger' :re:

074 (***) Blur 'Parklife' :re:

075 (***) Nerve 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' :re:

077 (142) Ed Sheeran 'You Need Me, I Don't Need You' :up:

079 (***) Kasabian 'Goodbye Kiss' :ne:

080 (***) Wilson Phillips 'Hold On' :re:

038 (102) Ben Howard 'The Wolves' :up:

084 (***) Matt Cardle 'Amazing' :ne:

088 (***) Blur 'Girls & Boys' :re:

093 (051) Madonna / Nicki Minaj / M.I.A. 'Give Me All Your Luvin' :down:

099 (163) Adele 'Rumour Has It' :up:

Edited by SLlewellyn

How sad that I am acutally happy to see Matt at #84 :lol: I expected it to miss the Top 200.
Gym Class Heroes

2007 03 Cupid's Chokehold

2007 05 Clothes Off!!

Both of these featured Patrick Stump

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.