Jump to content

Featured Replies

Up 1 place by default. Well, I'm not complaining because I still like that Script song.
  • Replies 334
  • Views 31.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 :down: (from 18) Justin Timberlake feat. Jay-Z - Suit & Tie [D]

 

http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/110/Features/v4/2f/25/75/2f257500-74c9-1cf5-024f-ec4f8328e812/dj.jjcxutgq.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 3-12-15-20-16-14-18-19-20-14-18-25 [12 wks]

 

Release date: 14-01-2013

Format: download only single

Label: RCA Records/Sony Music Entertainment

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Justin Timberlake

2002 02 Like I Love You -1-

2003 02 Cry Me A River -2-

2003 07 Work It (Nelly Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2003 46 Rock Your Body {Import}

2003 02 Rock Your Body -3-

2003 13 Senorita -4-

2005 02 Signs (Snoop Dogg Featuring Charlie Wilson And Justin Timberlake)

2006 01 SexyBack -1-

2006 02 My Love (Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.) -2-

2007 04 What Goes Around... Comes Around -3-

2007 01 Give It To Me (Timbaland Featuring Nelly Furtado And Justin Timberlake)

2007 11 Lovestoned/I Think She Knows -4-

2007 02 Ayo Technology (50 Cent Featuring Justin Timberlake And Timbaland)

2008 01 4 Minutes (Madonna Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2008 16 Rehab (Rihanna Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2009 04 Dead And Gone (T.I. Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2009 05 Love Sex Magic (Ciara Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2010 06 Carry Out (Timbaland Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2010 68 Love Dealer (Esmee Denters Featuring Justin Timberlake)

2013 03 Suit & Tie (Justin Timberlake Featuring Jay-Z) -1-

2013 01 Mirrors -2-

 

Jay-Z

1997 30 Can't Knock The Hustle (Jay-Z Feat. Mary J Blige) -1-

1997 31 Ain't No Playa (Jay-Z Feat. Foxy Brown) -2-

1997 09 I'll Be (Foxy Brown Feat. Jay-Z)

1997 65 Who You Wit?

1997 25 Sunshine (Jay-Z Feat. Babyface And Foxy Brown) -1-

1998 13 Wishing On A Star (Jay-Z Feat. Gwen Dickey) -2-

1998 38 The City Is Mine (Jay-Z Feat. Blackstreet) -3-

1998 02 Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem) -1-

1999 24 Can I Get A... (Jay-Z Feat. Amil And Ja Rule) -2-

1999 11 Be Alone No More (Another Level Feat. Jay-Z)

1999 48 Lobster And Scrimp (Timbaland Feat. Jay-Z)

1999 58 What You Think Of That (Memphis Bleek Feat. Jay-Z)

2000 18 Anything

2000 29 Big Pimpin' -1-

2000 17 I Just Wanna Love U (Give It 2 Me) -1-

2001 21 Izzo (H.O.V.A.) -1-

2002 11 Girls, Girls, Girls -2-

2002 35 Honey (R. Kelly And Jay-Z)

2003 02 '03 Bonnie & Clyde (Jay-Z Feat. Beyonce Knowles) -1-

2003 17 Excuse Me Miss -2-

2003 25 Jogi/Beware Of The Boys (Panjabi MC Feat. Jay-Z)

2003 01 Crazy In Love (Beyonce Feat. Jay-Z)

2003 06 Frontin' (Pharrell Williams Feat. Jay-Z)

2003 32 Change Clothes -1-

2004 12 99 Problems/Dirt Off Your Shoulder -2-

2004 14 Numb/Encore (Jay-Z/Linkin Park)

2006 01 Deja Vu (Beyonce Feat. Jay-Z)

2006 38 Show Me What You Got -1-

2007 01 Umbrella (Rihanna Feat. Jay-Z)

2008 35 99 Problems

2008 33 Swagga Like Us (Jay-Z & T.I. Feat. Kanye West And Lil Wayne)

2009 01 Run This Town (Jay-Z Feat. Rihanna & Kanye West) -1-

2009 02 Empire State Of Mind (Jay-Z Feat. Alicia Keys) -2-

2009 10 Young Forever (Jay-Z Feat. Mr Hudson) -3-

2010 41 Stranded (Haiti Mon Amour) (Jay-Z Feat. Bono, The Edge & Rihanna)

2010 38 On To The Next One (Jay-Z Feat. Swizz Beatz) -4-

2011 30 H•A•M (Kanye West & Jay-Z) -1-

2011 28 Otis (Jay-Z And Kanye West Feat. Otis Redding) -2-

2011 48 Lift Off (Jay-Z And Kanye West Feat. Beyonce) -3-

2011 25 Talk That Talk (Rihanna Feat. Jay-Z)

2012 10 Ni***s In Paris (Jay-Z And Kanye West) -4-

2012 37 No Church In The Wild (Jay-Z And Kanye West Feat. Frank Ocean) -5-

2012 22 Clique (Kanye West, Jay-Z & Big Sean)

2013 03 Suit & Tie (Justin Timberlake Featuring Jay-Z)

 

Discussion Thread Here

He has had several r&b hits in the US though...

 

His top 10 hits in the US since With You have been Forever, Look At Me Now, Turn Up the Music and Don't Wake Me Up. So 3 dance-pop songs, and 1 hip hop song.

His top 10 hits in the US since With You have been Forever, Look At Me Now, Turn Up the Music and Don't Wake Me Up. So 3 dance-pop songs, and 1 hip hop song.

 

But Don't Judge Me was a big r&b hit earlier this year..

 

Anyway, of course he and his label choose to release the songs that sell, he'd be stupid not doing so.

Edited by SKOB

24 :up: (from 31) Christina Perri - A Thousand Years [D]

 

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/083/Music/3a/f4/0c/mzi.staekbjw.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run 2011: 52-39-32-38-46-57 [6 wks]

 

Chart Run: 75-19-13-13-19-27-30-29-37-49-64-73-71-72-68-xx(3 wks)-27-25-31-24 [19 wks]

 

Release date: 04-11-2011

Format: download only track

Label: Atlantic Recording Corp./WEA International Inc.

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2011 04 Jar Of Hearts -1-

2011 13 A Thousand Years -OST-

 

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn

What is A Thousand Years doing this high in the chart? Yes I know it re-entered a month ago because of the Twilight movie being released but surely that can't be the only reason people are still buying it now.
Why has this climbed so much this week?! Not complaining though, still love this.
Ugh! This single is in the charts for a thousand years! That's enough! <_<

Edited by Jason

Looking at A Thousand Years' original chart run, I can't believe how it's become so popular!
I think Jester's right. I say "I think" as I'm not sure if it was that episode this week or not, but Glee definitely covered it this season and it'd make sense.
But Don't Judge Me was a big r&b hit earlier this year..

 

Anyway, of course he and his label choose to release the songs that sell, he'll be stupid not doing so.

 

No it wasn't. It did badly in the Hot 100 and iTunes and was only played on urban and rhythmic radio. Not a hit. It actually did better on UK iTunes than US iTunes.

I think Jester's right. I say "I think" as I'm not sure if it was that episode this week or not, but Glee definitely covered it this season and it'd make sense.

It was on the one last Sunday night.

 

Can't think of any other reason?

It is a big deal. The charts are under-going a major change at the moment. Look at all the alternative-ish songs charting. It's like songs of actual genres are coming back, and pop music is fading away. The #1 this week is going to be a PROPER dance song, not something watered-down.

 

Again, being over dramatic. A few alternative songs charting doesn't mean the charts are undergoing a major change. The fastest selling song of the year is a generic dance song!

23 :down: (from 22) will.i.am Feat. Britney Spears - Scream & Shout [D]

 

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r2000/002/Music/v4/94/6d/bf/946dbf90-fc89-cbeb-ac8d-0ea56fe1f211/12UMGIM63569.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 2-3-2-2-1-1-2-3-6-11-18-22-25-25-28-22-23 [17 wks]

 

Release date: 09-12-2012

Format: download only single

Label: Universal Music

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

will.i.am

2006 02 Beep (The Pussycat Dolls Feat. will.i.am)

2006 08 I Love My Chick (Busta Rhymes Featuring will.i.am And Kelis)

2007 35 Hip Hop Is Dead (Nas Feat. will.i.am)

2007 38 I Got It From My Mama -1-

2007 14 Baby Love (Nicole Scherzinger Feat. will.i.am)

2008 32 The Girl Is Mine 2008 (Michael Jackson With will.i.am)

2008 04 Heartbreaker (will.i.am Featuring Cheryl Cole) -2-

2008 29 In The Ayer (Flo Rida Feat. will.i.am)

2009 04 3 Words (Cheryl Cole Feat. will.i.am)

2010 29 I'm In The House (Steve Aoki Feat. Zuper Blahq (alias will.i.am))

2010 01 OMG (Usher Feat. will.i.am)

2010 11 Check It Out (will.i.am Feat. Nicki Minaj)

2011 43 Forever (Wolfgang Gartner Feat. will.i.am)

2012 03 T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever) (will.i.am Feat. Jennifer Lopez & Mick Jagger) -1-

2012 01 This Is Love (will.i.am Feat. Eva Simons) -2-

2012 01 Hall Of Fame (The Script Feat. will.i.am)

2012 01 Scream & Shout (will.i.am Feat. Britney Spears) -3-

 

Britney Spears

1999 01 ...Baby One More Time -1-

1999 03 Sometimes -2-

1999 05 (You Drive Me) Crazy -3-

2000 01 Born To Make You Happy -4-

2000 01 Oops!... I Did It Again -1-

2000 05 Lucky -2-

2000 07 Stronger -3-

2001 12 Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know -4-

2001 04 I'm A Slave 4 U -1-

2002 04 Overprotected -2-

2002 02 I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman -3-

2002 07 Boys (Britney Spears Feat. Pharrell Williams) -OST-

2002 13 I Love Rock 'n' Roll -4-

2003 02 Me Against The Music (Britney Spears Feat. Madonna) -1-

2004 01 Toxic -2-

2004 01 Everytime -3-

2004 03 My Prerogative -1-

2005 06 Do Somethin' -2-

2007 03 Gimme More -1-

2007 02 Piece Of Me -2-

2008 15 Break The Ice -3-

2008 03 Womanizer -1-

2008 13 Circus -2-

2009 20 If U Seek Amy -3-

2009 46 Radar -4-

2009 07 3 -1-

2011 06 Hold It Against Me -1-

2011 21 Till The World Ends -2-

2012 01 Scream & Shout (will.i.am Feat. Britney Spears)

 

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/uploads/group_images/of_37.jpg

I think Jester's right. I say "I think" as I'm not sure if it was that episode this week or not, but Glee definitely covered it this season and it'd make sense.

On iTunes a Glee cover was rising up the top 200 all week so I'm guessing it was aired.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.