September 12Sep 12 Votes incoming I might have been too aggressive on my re-listens as I don't have enough songs left to fill an entire set of votes
September 12Sep 12 YouTube playlistFor anyone who may still get any use out of it. I'm going to pretend I didn't get spoilers of who sent a couple of the songs while putting this together because of people not removing the tracking garbage from the links x
September 12Sep 12 Thanks @Bror, I will be using the YT playlist for my non-SyncTube listens that I haven't even started yet oops, but will get to it tomorrow and probably vote on Monday. Oop at you seeing who sent what in a couple of cases.It's kinda interesting how I always listen to the song contest songs on YT (at least when ranking) but nearly all of my other music listenings are done on Spotify (unless what I want ain't available there). I guess I am part of the problem of what is wrong with the (music) world ☹️
September 12Sep 12 This wasn't the best edition but certainly very diverse, I'm sad I missed the listenthrough here as there were some rather...intriguing choices I'd have liked to have seen the reactions to!
September 12Sep 12 Voted! It picked up for me a bit towards the end, a couple of very memorable entries in here for sure.Mine definitely just blended in sonically, I think I always play it too straight down the line with Nuggets and send the kind of commercial radio indie sound I like rather than something that jumps out of a pack.
September 12Sep 12 Have done a first listen today, will try and slot in a second in the next couple of days. Think one song stands out as a very likely winner to me but who knows when I wasn't there to see what people were saying on SyncTube! Have got ~14 songs I'd be happy to vote for from first impressions and there weren't any songs that I didn't like at all so seems like a strong edition to me.
September 13Sep 13 Just a little heads up, I was definitely going to do my final listens today and tomorrow (and I definitely need more listens before voting, I don't think I've even heard all the songs) but one of my ears keeps getting blocked due to wax since a few days ago, which makes listening to music very uncomfortable. It keeps opening up and then closing again (it was better yesterday and earlier today), I use drops and I just hope it opens up again for long enough to enable me to listen properly and vote. (I won't be able to book a wax removal appointment in time)Truly annoying. I hope I can listen reasonably and vote. 🤞 #earwaxawareness
September 13Sep 13 2 minutes ago, King Rollo said:Have you tried blowing your nose? That normally works for me.Nah, doesn't help. It's a recurring problem I have. I've had to get an ear syringing or whatever quite a number of times.
September 13Sep 13 Author welp youtube downloader struggles to work today so i fear no recap my luvs that being said hopefully i will make a reminder after work tomorrow x
September 13Sep 13 On 12/09/2026 at 18:03, gooddelta said:Mine definitely just blended in sonically, I think I always play it too straight down the line with Nuggets and send the kind of commercial radio indie sound I like rather than something that jumps out of a pack.I feel like this too. I think mine was a strong indie track but not something that was going to wow anyone. I’m still very new to this contest though.
September 13Sep 13 10 hours ago, matto said:Just a little heads up, I was definitely going to do my final listens today and tomorrow (and I definitely need more listens before voting, I don't think I've even heard all the songs) but one of my ears keeps getting blocked due to wax since a few days ago, which makes listening to music very uncomfortable. It keeps opening up and then closing again (it was better yesterday and earlier today), I use drops and I just hope it opens up again for long enough to enable me to listen properly and vote. (I won't be able to book a wax removal appointment in time)Truly annoying. I hope I can listen reasonably and vote. 🤞 #earwaxawarenessMy department at work does dewaxings, come visit me xo
September 13Sep 13 I’m not sure what I was expecting from this contest considering that guitar, especially electric guitar, is my favourite instrument, but somehow I’m a bit bored so far...
September 13Sep 13 On 11/09/2026 at 12:29, Julian_ said:Really enjoyed 15 on 1st listen and giving it all a 2nd spin now.One question - is there actually any difference between this and Unknown Pleasures? A lot of the songs could just as well fit into that, and I’m wondering whether to prioritise the more Nuggetsy ones in my votes - where the guitars are more the focal point.That's how I vote
September 14Sep 14 I’ve listened to the first ~3/4 and I’m not gonna say which song but for the first time ever i thought a song was AI and then found out it’s by a real personI don’t think this edition is as awful as everyone’s making it out to be, there is some slop but there’s a nice selection of punk/emo-y tracks that I’ve gravitated to … we should’ve kept the emo theme Edited September 14Sep 14 by dhwe
September 14Sep 14 Ear update: My ear has been open for a lil while now so I better get to listening before it blocks again 😆 Seems like it might actually stay open for a while this time, it's like a miracle x(I will still book an appointment though - maybe I can get it done sooner if I tell them I take part in many song contests which require me to listen to a lot of music hehe)
September 14Sep 14 1 hour ago, matto said:Ear update: My ear has been open for a lil while now so I better get to listening before it blocks again 😆 Seems like it might actually stay open for a while this time, it's like a miracle x(I will still book an appointment though - maybe I can get it done sooner if I tell them I take part in many song contests which require me to listen to a lot of music hehe)Idk if there is specsavers near you but if so they have a little hoover they do it with & there's no waiting list
September 14Sep 14 Voteddddd! My top few are really strong. I actually liked them more than my own song
Create an account or sign in to comment