Jump to content

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Herbs said:

The Adele choice. I was expecting something like Dont You Remember or All I Ask - but then they are both ballads and therefore risky

I was expecting All I ask too but it’s probably strong enough to get through a non-themed round tbh!

  • Replies 94
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Josh! said:

I was expecting All I ask too but it’s probably strong enough to get through a non-themed round tbh!

Exactly this.

All I ask could stand alone outside of this theme, why not take the risk of something lesser known earlier to leave you with these bigger tracks later on?

Infact if anything, “can I get it” shows a different side to Adele you don’t always see if you don’t delve into her albums!

I think it’s a wise choice from Adele when you bare in mind they’ve already sent two of their biggest songs of all time. All you have to do is not come last in this game and I doubt Can I Get It will AND she gets to save All I Ask for another round.

  1. MARINA - Teen Idle

  2. Jessie Ware - The Kill

  3. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

  4. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

  5. Robyn - Time Machine

  6. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

  7. Agnes - Loaded

  8. Adele - Can I Get It

  9. Kate Bush - Reaching Out

  10. Dido - Mary’s in India

And last but certainly never least ❤️

10 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon (probably recency bias for me but it’s already one of the most special albums of all time for me and this is a shining example of why so I couldn’t not)

09 Robyn - Time Machine (this has aged with perfection, that era of Max Martin production just does not miss - killer and kinda gagged it’s not running away with winning it so far at a glance?)

08 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head (banger banger banger, it hasn’t aged QUITE as flawlessly as Time Machine and I was splitting hairs with this top 3 which are all near on 10/10s for me, but can’t really fault it as a pop fan)

07 Agnes - Loaded (I’ve actually never heard Veritas as I only really got into her properly as an artist with I Trance and everything that followed but wow, that chorus does NOT miss, superb discovery and will probably try and give the album a spin this week after hearing this)

06 Adele - Can I Get It (not the ballad we’d have expected but this is catchy as hell and I love Adele’s vocal on this, kinda cheeky and sultry sounding for her?)

05 MARINA - Teen Idle (I have very fond memories of this album but this song hasn’t aged as amazing as I’d have hoped BUT it’s still like an 8/10, it’s just in a strong list from here upwards. Love hearing Electra Heart stuff though)

04 Jessie Ware - The Kill (it was missing something to smash it over the line for me but really liked it all the same)

03 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights (there’s something a bit inexpensive about the mixing of this which makes the production feel a bit tinny, but with Sophie, I can often overlook that a little bit because the kitsch and cheapness sometimes is what makes her charming. It half and half works here for me)

02 Kate Bush - Reaching Out (I’ve always really liked her voice more than I love the songs and I think this is a prime example - sounds great but didn’t stick with me enough)

01 Dido - Mary’s in India (agreed that it’s lyrically very pretty but lacked just a little something to keep me enjoying it as a whole package sadly)

Agnes - Loaded

Robyn - Time Machine

Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

Adele - Can I Get It

Sophie Ellis Bextor - New York City Lights

Dido - Marys In India

Jessie Ware - The Kill

Kate Bush - Reaching Out

Marina - Teen Idle

Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

Agnes is really impressing me!! I only knew one song before this comp!

1 Jessie Ware - The Kill (top)

2 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

3 Robyn - Time Machine

4 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

5 Adele - Can I Get It

6 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

7 Kate Bush - Reaching Out

8 MARINA - Teen Idle

9 Agnes - Loaded

10 Dido - Mary’s in India

GET ONTO ONE LAST TIME FROM THAT ALBUM PLZ AND THANK YOU (it’s insanely underrated an absolute BEAUT!)

MARINA - Teen Idle

Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

Agnes - Loaded

Jessie Ware - The Kill

Adele - Can I Get It

Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

Robyn - Time Machine

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

Kate Bush - Reaching Out

Dido - Mary’s in India

I like 1-7 - only small nuances between them except my #1. Zara's the star here!

  1. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

  2. Jessie Ware - The Kill

  3. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

  4. MARINA - Teen Idle

  5. Adele - Can I Get It

  6. Robyn - Time Machine

  7. Agnes - Loaded

  8. Kate Bush - Reaching Out

  9. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

  10. Dido - Mary’s in India

DidOh-no :(

Part of me wants a version of pop factor where it’s about emotion and story telling. Poor Dido

Interestingly looks like the other 2 categories are completely open

  1. ZARA LARSSON (FAVE)

  2. JESSIE WARE

  3. LEONA LEWIS

  4. ADELE

  5. SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

  6. ROBYN

  7. KATE BUSH

  8. AGNES

  9. MARINA

  10. DIDO

Funny that I think Zara is killing it with every choice so far but appears to be getting mid reactions. Forgot how boppy that Adele song was until revisiting it for this round too!

  1. Adele - Can I Get It

  2. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

  3. MARINA - Teen Idle

  4. Kate Bush - Reaching Out

  5. Dido - Mary’s in India

  6. Jessie Ware - The Kill

  7. Agnes - Loaded

  8. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

  9. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

  10. Robyn - Time Machine

1 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head · I don't remember ever hearing this before but then again I was never a big fan of the Echo era. This is a bit of a banger though, I can see why people are saying it should have been a single!!

2 Adele - Can I Get It · I think 30 was a little bit of a letdown of an album but this was definitely the standout track on it, so much more interesting than the ballads (and the fact that it's a Max Martin is no coincidence!)

3 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon · What an amazing return to form Midnight Sun was from Zara, and this is a great pick from it! It's being pushed as the next single I hear, so this theme came just in time!

4 Agnes - Loaded · I know some of her stuff but I'm not aware of this album - I think I might have to check it out based on this song though, it sounds great!

5 Jessie Ware - The Kill · What's Your Pleasure as a whole was a bit of a hit and miss album for me, but this is certainly one of the better songs on it!

6 Robyn - Time Machine · I think there are other tracks from Body Talk I prefer over this one but it's not bad.

7 Kate Bush - Reaching Out · Never been a massive fan of hers outside of the well known hits but I did quite like this.

8 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights · I usually love most stuff by Sophie but this is missing something for me and the production feels a bit flat.

9 MARINA - Teen Idle · Not sure I've heard this before and honestly it didn't do much for me - there are lots of Marina songs I love though so hopefully we'll get one of those next week!

10 Dido - Mary’s in India · Not one of my favourites on the album sadly - and I can see I'm not alone in that opinion. It's a shame because she had so much more to give in this contest!

Jessie Ware (favourite)

Zara Larsson

Robyn

Leona Lewis

Adele

MARINA

Agnes

Sophie Ellis-Bextor

Kate Bush

Dido (least favourite)

Another amazing round from the girls with two great discoveries from Leona & Robyn!! Anything from the What’s Your Pleasure era is gonna be high up for me!!

Leona - Without question the best song of all 30 entrants here, can’t love this enough.

Adele - Appreciate the risk taken here and it should be commended.

Marina - So many tracks could have been chosen for her honestly, this being a strong one.

Agnes.

Sophie Ellis-Bextor.

Robyn.

Zara Larsson.

Jessie Ware.

Kate Bush - Like Kate alot, but this didn’t do much for me sadly.

Dido - I’m sorry to whoever sent this as it seems doomed, but it’s just not very good quite simply.

Edited by Viper*

On 29/09/2026 at 17:35, Calum said:

Screenshot-2026-09-22-at-16-49-15.png

This week, awardinary will be hosting a listen-through session for Boot Camp: Part One in Barcelona on Thursday 1 October at 19:00 BST. More information will be shared before the session begins, but if you'd like the opportunity to listen to all of the performances with others please feel free.

For those wanting to come along and experience the reactions to your own entries, we invite all mentors and voting members to come online at 7pm to hear this week's songs.

https://sync-tube.de/room/6vcaNiZZ

The week we will begin with the groups, followed by female vocalists, and lastly the males.

A good batch of songs from this category, better than the first two rounds.

1st Kate Bush - Reaching Out

2nd Marina, Aquamarina - Teen Idle

3rd Dido - Mary's In India

4th Jessie Ware - The Kill

5th Robyn - Time Machine

6th Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

7th Adele - Can I Get It

8th Agnes - Loaded

9th Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

10th Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.