Jump to content

Featured Replies

  • Replies 154
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I think it’s clear there will always be two factions - those that love all out pop and will always be more inclined to gravitate towards it with the same going for those that do have more alt-leaning

  • I had an initial run though of the boys earlier on and my initial thoughts when Darin came on can be summed up perfectly below:

  • Do you really think I’m THAT basic? Don’t answer that

Posted Images

Tom Grennan - If Only

Calvin Harris - Dollar Signs

HRVY - Never Be Us

Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly State Of Mind

Gary Numan - M.E

Roosevelt - Forget Me

Darin - Om Du Var Min

Sam Smith - Lose You

Sam Fender - The Treadmill

Damien Rice - Amie

I don't understand how a random album track from HRVY is outperforming certified banger 1 Day 2 Nights lol but I'm here for it!

Just now, Mangø said:

I don't understand how a random album track from HRVY is outperforming certified banger 1 Day 2 Nights lol but I'm here for it!

Early days; i'm sure a heap of bottom rankings will be incoming 🤣

01 Gary Numan - M.E.

02 Damien Rice - Amie

03 Roosevelt - Forget

04 Sam Fender - The Treadmill

05 Darin - Om du var min

06 Sam Smith - Lose You

07 Calvin Harris - Dollar Signs (feat. Tinashe)

08 Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

09 HRVY - Never Be Us

10 Tom Grennan - If Only

Gary Numan quite the influence on early 2000s electronic music with the aforementioned borrowing of 'M.E.' for Basement Jaxx, 'Cars' being used on Armand Van Helden's 'Koochy' and of course 'Freak Like Me' by Sugababes lifting from Tubeway Army's 'Are 'Friends' Electric?'. Perfect choice for this round.

Wow the Martin Garrix comparison for 'Dollar Signs' is spot on, that drop is very 'Animals'

Damien Rice wub

Calvin Harris

Darin

Sam Fender

Tom Grennan

Gary Newman

Lewis Capaldi

Roosevelt

Sam Smith

HRVY

4 minutes ago, Calum said:

The Tasteless Ones™ coming out now x

Stop dragging me 😭😭

21 minutes ago, Calum said:

The Tasteless Ones™ coming out now x

I presume all votes with HRVY bottom are still being disregarded, right?

2 minutes ago, Herbs said:

Sadly the HRVY song is a bit naff this round…..

That didn't hurt him in the first 2 rounds though x

To be fair to the little twink, he didn’t exactly have a large pool of songs to choose from, so fair play that the song is actually pretty decent and is seemingly doing well (so far) !

  1. Roosevelt - Forget

  2. HRVY - Never Be Us

  3. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  4. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

  5. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

  6. Darin - Om du var min

  7. Sam Smith - Lose You

  8. Tom Grennan - If Only

  9. Gary Numan - M.E.

  10. Damien Rice - Amie

1st Damien Rice - Amie Lovely song, I noticed on the first two songs, he sounds a lot like Fyfe Dangerfield and even more so on this one and this is the sort of song that Fyfe would write.

2nd Gary Numan - M.E.

3rd Roosevelt - Forget

4th Darin - Om du var min

5th Sam Fender - The Treadmill

6th Sam Smith - Lose You

7th Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind Of State of Mind

8th Tom Grennan - If Only

9th HRVY - Never Be Us

10th Calvin Harris featuring Tinashe - Dollar Signs

01 Damien Rice - Amie 💙 - adore this, can't understand all of the 1 point placements, it's such a beautiful song from an equally beautiful and inventive album.

02 Sam Smith - Lose You - really quite liked this, never heard it before so my favourite discovery

03 Gary Numan - M.E. - I had no idea the Basement Jaxx sample was from him!

04 Sam Fender - The Treadmill - this was good, although I do feel like most of his singles sound very similar

05 Darin - Om du var min - quite pleasant, liked the melody to this one

06 Calvin Harris featuring Tinashe - Dollar Signs - Not bad, liked it more than many of his singles!

07 Roosevelt - Forget - I quite like everything I've heard from these but it doesn't sound like much of a standout

08 HRVY - Never Be Us - Okay pop, not for me exactly but better than...

09 Tom Grennan - If Only - My least fave of his submitted so far, sorry to whoever it is!

10 Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind Of State of Mind - I'm really not a fan of his music in general, he does that overly earnest thing that I don't enjoy very much

I really like my Top 4 - 5,6 were OK, the rest is not for me.

  1. Darin - Om du var min

  2. Sam Smith - Lose You

  3. Roosevelt - Forget

  4. Gary Numan - M.E.

  5. Lewis Capaldi - Heavenly Kind of State of Mind

  6. HRVY - Never Be Us

  7. Damien Rice - Amie

  8. Tom Grennan - If Only

  9. Sam Fender - The Treadmill

  10. Calvin Harris feat. Tinashe - Dollar Signs

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.