Jump to content

Featured Replies

Sovarasma | Wednesday 'Fine'
A-Konohagakure | Reikko 'obsessed'
Pagasa | Bleary Eyed 'Heaven Year'
Ennea | Kalandra 'Let Me Be Open'
Trifoski | the Mountain Goats 'The Mess Inside'
Land of DW | Jippu 'GAY'
Elëdan | Photay 'Bombogenesis'
Cheiron | Alexandra Savior 'Can't Help Myself'
POPHub | Cockhouse & NATHALIA 'Doink'
Danæviia | The Algorithm 'Graceful Degradation'
Pestolia | Perfume Genius 'Natural High (50th anniversary entry)'
Terra Avium | Adult DVD 'Rolling Face'

Hendinia | Anna Of The North 'Waiting For Love'
New Helvetica | Grouper 'Alien Observer'
Séyetana | Junior Mesa 'the cops are coming'
Dobago | Augalas 'All You Do Is Talk About Me'
Jadakissnia | Devil's Witches 'Porno Witch'

Persephonia | manifest 'Snap'
Dalisska | Erotic Secrets Of Pompeii 'Utterly Rudderless'
Skall | O'Flynn 'Kelsier'
Thelonia | My First Time 'Every Version Of You'
Vaskla | strongboi 'think twice'
East Rukahavian | Sarah Kinsley 'Truth Of Pursuit'
The Spodic Empire | Squarepusher 'Welcome To Europe'
Scotland 2 | 300SkullsAndCounting & Jenny Sparks 'The Ballad Of St Nick's Park'
Bøtanikkä | Temples 'Vendetta'
Ajanaeda | FKA twigs 'Lights On (50th anniversary entry)'
Aeroche | camoufly 'Odyssey'
Lentyll | Ninomae Ina'nis 'TEMARI'

hendinia nq i can see the vision o defo the least confident in Q for me this year but i hope i will sail through x

  • Replies 54
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • blacksquare
    blacksquare

    I heard you call me boring Barbie when the coke's got you brave

  • That makes sense! To be clear, I take nothing about BJSC very seriously and treat everything like pantomime. That’s why I like to do the big 1-42 predictions and get conversation going, it’s all fun a

  • blacksquare
    blacksquare

    I think it’s all in jest Ultimately the girlies that are on the long streaks aren’t just there because of luck or their name, but because they know how to adapt to changing tastes and blocs. We all h

Posted Images

DANBET

SF1

Lotunia | ENHYPEN 'Brought The Heat Back'

Cor Lupus | Earth Tongue 'Dimly Lit Cadaver'

Mulgracia | CHINCHILLA 'Viper'

Jupiterdonia | Arlissa 'Memory Of You'

Zanmatony | Rollergirl 'Close To You (AC-Koma Mix)'

Deandria | Thoom 'I'm Going Back To Lebanon'

Yehesi | UNIS 'Sky Land, Star Land'

Freidland | Sofia Camara 'Hallucinating'

Ojnoj | Tara Macri 'Grace'

N DNTN | IVE 'BANG BANG'

Mothertopia | MISSU 'OUTTASIGHT'

Greenfroze | SKYND 'Johnny Kitagawa'

Kluminican Republic | Mia Wray 'Isn't It Funny'

Harmonica | Astrality 'Deep Of You (feat. Marlo Rex)'

Bronzil | The Drums & Mareux 'It Didn't Matter'

Aelandor | Pool Kids 'Leona Street'

Lookylion | Frankie Rose 'Manifest'

Juranabaijan | Elliot Minor 'Parallel Worlds'

Herbilore | Levante 'SONO BLU'

Flynnonda | Ellie Goulding 'Animal (100th anniversary entry)'

Zephyra Continuum | 3 Steps Ahead 'Drop It'

République d'Áskorza | YGUANA 'Body'

Taahino | Anyma & Adam Sellouk 'Girls MIA (feat. Carly Gibert)'

Altyr Muunilinst | LEXXE 'The Box'

New Lexico | Nini Music & KUULAR 'Victorious'

Daehun | KiiiKiii 'Pop Off Pop Off'

Kylienips | COKAINÉ 'Amore Amore (KODI Remix)'

FARC | Indra 'Jokes On Me'

FSR Rontvia | Modern English 'I Melt With You'

Borderline in: Jupiterdonia, Kluminican Republic, FARC

Borderline out: Deandria, Aelandor, New Lexico

SF2

Sovarasma | Wednesday 'Fine'

A-Konohagakure | Reikko 'obsessed'

Pagasa | Bleary Eyed 'Heaven Year'

Ennea | Kalandra 'Let Me Be Open'

Trifoski | the Mountain Goats 'The Mess Inside'

Land of DW | Jippu 'GAY'

Elëdan | Photay 'Bombogenesis'

Cheiron | Alexandra Savior 'Can't Help Myself'

POPHub | Cockhouse & NATHALIA 'Doink'

Danæviia | The Algorithm 'Graceful Degradation'

Pestolia | Perfume Genius 'Natural High (50th anniversary entry)'

Terra Avium | Adult DVD 'Rolling Face'

Hendinia | Anna Of The North 'Waiting For Love'

New Helvetica | Grouper 'Alien Observer'

Séyetana | Junior Mesa 'the cops are coming'

Dobago | Augalas 'All You Do Is Talk About Me'

Jadakissnia | Devil's Witches 'Porno Witch'

Persephonia | manifest 'Snap'

Dalisska | Erotic Secrets Of Pompeii 'Utterly Rudderless'

Skall | O'Flynn 'Kelsier'

Thelonia | My First Time 'Every Version Of You'

Vaskla | strongboi 'think twice'

East Rukahavian | Sarah Kinsley 'Truth Of Pursuit'

The Spodic Empire | Squarepusher 'Welcome To Europe'

Scotland 2 | 300SkullsAndCounting & Jenny Sparks 'The Ballad Of St Nick's Park'

Bøtanikkä | Temples 'Vendetta'

Ajanaeda | FKA twigs 'Lights On (50th anniversary entry)'

Aeroche | camoufly 'Odyssey'

Lentyll | Ninomae Ina'nis 'TEMARI'

Borderline in: Trifoski, Land of DW, Jadakissnia

Borderline out: A-Konohagakure, Pagasa, New Helvetica

Even if heaven year dnqs i'm probably singlehandedly responsible for 25% of its streams the past month and i'm too far gone to not stand by it, fav song i entered this year by a country mile. oh well, take it or leave it x

Divas, I saw the 8 different versions of people saying “Hendinia could send a dollop of shit and they’d still Q” and “I’d think this wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t Hendinia” in the listenthrough, be bold and brave like Scene, I ENCOURAGE it 😘

  • Author
41 minutes ago, RobBot said:

Divas, I saw the 8 different versions of people saying “Hendinia could send a dollop of shit and they’d still Q” and “I’d think this wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t Hendinia” in the listenthrough, be bold and brave like Scene, I ENCOURAGE it 😘

I heard you call me boring Barbie when the coke's got you brave

IMG_6137.jpeg

1 hour ago, RobBot said:

Divas, I saw the 8 different versions of people saying “Hendinia could send a dollop of shit and they’d still Q” and “I’d think this wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t Hendinia” in the listenthrough, be bold and brave like Scene, I ENCOURAGE it 😘

I feel like this sort of happens with me each month where everyone assesses whether my song is "winner material" or appropriately hyped/variations of tearing my song down a peg instead of just enjoying it for what it is, think I'm graded on my own curve too!

  • Author
7 minutes ago, leww said:

I feel like this sort of happens with me each month where everyone assesses whether my song is "winner material" or appropriately hyped/variations of tearing my song down a peg instead of just enjoying it for what it is, think I'm graded on my own curve too!

it's like you know when michael says after he dnq's that if any other country sent what beaverdonia sent it would get loads of hype?

the hendinia jokes are the inverse of that

42 minutes ago, leww said:

I feel like this sort of happens with me each month where everyone assesses whether my song is "winner material" or appropriately hyped/variations of tearing my song down a peg instead of just enjoying it for what it is, think I'm graded on my own curve too!

I would take receiving hype virtually every single month, if you don’t want it x

2 hours ago, RobBot said:

Divas, I saw the 8 different versions of people saying “Hendinia could send a dollop of shit and they’d still Q” and “I’d think this wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t Hendinia” in the listenthrough, be bold and brave like Scene, I ENCOURAGE it 😘

In the Rontvian halcyon days a long time ago, I remember sending this song as an AQ after three wins in five contests and being told that it would be last for anyone else haha. It finished 8th, so maybe they were right.

7 minutes ago, gooddelta said:

In the Rontvian halcyon days a long time ago, I remember sending this song as an AQ after three wins in five contests and being told that it would be last for anyone else haha. It finished 8th, so maybe they were right.

The hey day of Rontvia was elite and I’ll hear nothing other. You were very much ahead of the curve of being able to find songs that weren’t on all of the blogs AND were generally competitive. You still do have that ability but it was definitely harder to do so in a pre-streaming age I think.

I do resent the “x only does well because they’re x” thing cos it is kinda dismissive but I’m kinda used to the listenthrough narrative being negative and it’s always camp to be spoken about than not at all x

That's how I feel, at least we're in their minds even if we're not in their votes !!!!!!

  • Author

Hype and expectations every month are just inevitable when you relentlessly eat up the competition x

Some unhinged stats I just discovered:

Hendinia’s streak is not just half a decade long, it was already years in the making before I even joined BJSC. Clementina stomping on the girls with 15 wins is equally insane. FSR Rontvia would need to win for the next six months just to catch up

IMG_6139.jpeg

Can we take a moment to reflect on how electronic bloc is the new BJSC superpower, showing how it should be done?

e.png

Edited by Colm

I was one of those who said something like "I’d think this wouldn’t make it if it wasn’t Hendinia", which may have come across a bit flippant in hindsight. However for me, like blacksquare, I haven't been around BJSC long enough to know in real time what a Hendinia DNQ sounds like, and it's like Rob's entries start with minimum 50/1 odds of DNQing where the previous 68 (as of now) have not.

If I really think about it, this is one of the toughest draws for Hendinia I can remember, and it mirrors where I see my entry in SF1 as we're both separated from most of the expected voter base for what we've sent. If you enter enough contests, that's going to happen at some point. For me it feels like the second time this year after Binzatina, which didn't come close to qualifying, despite several in the other semi saying they would have given it big points. So there's definitely an element of not wanting that to happen again, and by extension not wanting that to happen to anyone else this contest who's in a similar situation.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.