Posted Monday at 20:572 days It's SoundClash!In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.These are the two songs going head to head this round;Daniel Powter – Bad Day {#2, 2005} 🇨🇦 Daniel Powter is a Canadian singer-songwriter and pianist best known for his distinctive voice and piano-led pop sound. Rachel Platten – Fight Song {#1, 2015} 🇺🇸 Rachel Platten is an American singer-songwriter whose uplifting pop anthems have made her a familiar voice in contemporary music. She broke through internationally with a powerful anthem of resilience and self-belief.You Decide!Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMAVanessa Amorosi vs. Ten WallsDivine Inspiration vs. Kent JonesNewton Faulkner vs. Bridgit MendlerAndreas Johnson vs. Nico & VinzDB Boulevard vs. GraceLittle Jackie vs. Wynter GordonO-Zone vs. Dynoro & Gigi D'AgostinoThe Bravery vs. Alex ClareEsmée Denters vs. SecondcityATC vs. Christine And The QueensMini Viva vs. Charlie BrownKhia vs. Daisy Dares YouAndrew W.K. vs. Karmin
Monday at 21:002 days Wow that is a tough choicePowter just about edges it for me. still Pissed that he was denied a second top 40 due to a stupid rule
Monday at 21:082 days Author I've opted for Daniel too. Just feels more memorable for me from the time.
Monday at 21:112 days Daniel Powter! Although both topped my personal chart.Bad Day was part of the classic sadboi summer of 2005 with You're Beautiful, when they dominated the top two for weeks.
Monday at 21:112 days Oh Daniel THRASHES this one for me!I liked 'Next Plane Home' by him in 2008.Prefer 'Stand By You' by Rachel. This one is pretty mid for me oops.
Monday at 21:282 days I absolutely loathe Bad Day with a passion so this is a default win for Fight Song even though it's bang average. Stand By You was much better from her.
Yesterday at 09:361 day I love both of these songs alot!It's a bad day for Rachel Platten as she has alot of fight left in her song, but I'm giving my vote to the the pow(t)erful 'Bad Day'!
Yesterday at 09:401 day Voted for Daniel Powterdid anyone else unironically listen to the Alvin & The Chipmunks version of 'Bad Day' back in the day because same
Yesterday at 09:441 day 12 hours ago, Roba. said:Oh Daniel THRASHES this one for me!I liked 'Next Plane Home' by him in 2008.Prefer 'Stand By You' by Rachel. This one is pretty mid for me oops.I can't figure out how to edit a quote into my existing post lol. But completely agree about 'Next Plane Home', criminal that it never went Top 40!As Herbs says, Daniel Power is only a one hit wonder on a technicality. 'Free Loop' was excluded from the chart as it had a version of 'Bad Day' as the b-side whilst that was still in the Top 40, 'Free Loop' would have charted in the Top 30 (so not a massive hit), but I wonder if the fact it seemed not to have chart would have hindered his airplay going forward?
8 hours ago8 hr Ohhh this is TOUGHHHHH!I went for Rachel, but I adore 'Bad Day' just as much too! Possibly the toughest round for me, so far. Both had great follow ups that deserved to be hits too :(
Create an account or sign in to comment