Friday at 15:581 day I found this really difficult - I think my top 5 were all number ones in my personal chart….all 9 songs offered something good though Marina - I Am Not A Robot - I have always been obsessed with this song. Such beautiful vocals and the lyrics always resonated with me Adele - Chasing Pavements - always remember preferring this over Mercy by Duffy and wanting her to come back strong after album 1! (Wonder how that turned out) Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy - my fave Jessie song so far. A pop banger Agnes - 24 Hours - vocals and production on point Leona Lewis - Collide - remember being sad about how people came for this song when it was released. Love her voice on it - suits her well Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning - I do prefer the Beverley Knight version but this was a great original version. Amazed people have rated this at the bottom Sophie Ellis Bextor - Bittersweet - solid choice to keep stronger for later Zara Larsson - Can’t Tame Her - liked but didn’t find the hook as appealing as other songsKate Bush - Cloudbusting - really sorry to whoever sent this song. I liked it but just preferred the other songs more
Friday at 18:581 day 1. Kate Bush – I’m a big Kate fan anyway and this is one of her best moments! Great choice! (fave)2. Sophie Ellis Bextor – Fantastic song, one of her peak moments for me!3. Leona Lewis – I love this song, loved it back when and still do now.4. Agnes – Probably my favourite song I’ve heard by her in this contest, good choice!5. Zara – The best Zara song so far, and probably the only one I’ve actually liked tbh!6. Jessie Ware – Catchy enough I quite liked it7. Adele – I didn’t really get into Adele until 21, this is a nice song but doesn’t quite have the pizzazz of her future stuff. 19 is a miss for me, but I like that her albums have all been represented, good play by her mentor.8. Marina – Not the biggest fan anyway don’t totally get the Buzz love for her but this song wasn’t bad by any means9. Robyn – Never heard this before, listened to both Robyn and Beverley versions and much preferred our Bev. Still not a bad song by any means. (least)Just to say this is such a strong category I didn't dislike any songs! Roll on the "live shows!" Edited Friday at 19:141 day by Spiceboy
Friday at 19:081 day 8 minutes ago, Spiceboy said:6. Jessie J – Catchy enough I quite liked itA last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish
Friday at 19:091 day Just now, Lee_J11 said:A last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish Beat me too it was going to.say something similar 🤣
Friday at 19:111 day Poor Jessie Ware being unceremoniously booted out of the contest in favour of Ms Cornish
Friday at 19:131 day 4 minutes ago, Lee_J11 said:A last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish 3 minutes ago, 777666jason said:Beat me too it was going to.say something similar 🤣1 minute ago, Mangø said:Poor Jessie Ware being unceremoniously booted out of the contest in favour of Ms Cornish Oh bollocks! 😂 I'm such an idiot! Will edit to the superior Jessie (from Little Mix 🤭)
Friday at 19:311 day 1st Kate Bush - Cloudbusting Marvellous, my favourite song by her2nd Marina, Aquamarina - I Am Not A Puppet3rd Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet4th Adele - Chasing Pavements5th Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning6th Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy7th Agnes - 24 Hours8th Leona Lewis featuring Avicii - Collide9th Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her
Friday at 20:271 day 1 (fave) Kate Bush - Cloudbusting2 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her3 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot4 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide5 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet6 Agnes - 24 Hours7 Adele - Chasing Pavements8 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy9 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning
Friday at 21:131 day FAVE09 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot08 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet07 Adele - Chasing Pavements06 Agnes - 24 Hours05 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide04 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning03 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her02 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting01 Jessie Ware - Hot N HeavyLEAST FAVE
Friday at 22:171 day 1 MARINA2 Kate Bush3 Adele4 Robyn5 Jessie Ware6 Agnes7 Zara Larsson8 Sophie Ellis-Bextor9 Leona LewisI hope we're done with the people ranking 'I Am Not A Robot' so low because there's no way in hell that should be doing so much worse than her last two picks, still one of her best songs. More good picks from Kate and Adele, and as I said already I think this is one of Robyn's better songs that I know. I didn't immediately recall 'Hot N Heavy' from its title but quickly came back to me when I heard it - not as good as most of the original edition of the album but a solid deluxe track, a diet bop. Agnes' weird pronunciation of the word 'hours' constantly takes me out of the song a bit, minor nitpick I know but it somewhat spoils what could otherwise be a pretty great song, still like the production on it a lot. I think I recall not really liking 'Can't Tame Her' at first but it grew on me over time iirc and is sounding pretty decent these days. Likewise I don't think I liked 'Bittersweet' at the time but it's better than I remembered. 'Collide' is not terrible either but it's the clear weak link in a fairly strong bunch here.
Yesterday at 01:281 day 01 Marina02 Adele03 Zara Larsson04 Leona Lewis05 Robyn06 Agnes07 Sophie Ellis Bextor08 Kate Bush09 Jessie Ware
Yesterday at 11:271 day Kate BushAdeleSophie Ellis BextorMarinaRobynJessie WareAgnesZara LarsonLeona Lewis
Yesterday at 12:121 day 01. MARINA - I Am Not a Robot [Favourite]02. Agnes - 24 Hours03. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet04. Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide05. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her06. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting07. Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning08. Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy09. Adele - Chasing PavementsA round of 2 halves for me. That top 4... INSANE! SO DAMN GOOD. One of my favourite MARINA songs. An incredible Agnes song. As mentioned before, my favourite Sophie song! The Freemasons remix is particularly great too! An underrated BANGER by Leona (SO happy this got sent - never thought it would be a possibility tbh, it's surprisingly marmite on here iirc??) but YAY! Gorgeous vocals on this. Zara's song I go through stages with. A bop but then her vocals are really grating! Not a fave Kate song for me but cute. Never really cared for this Robyn song. The last two are songs that just aren't to my tastes at all. Disco I find really hard to get into and I find that particular Adele song pretty boring. BRING ON 'COLD SHOULDER'!!!!
22 hours ago22 hr 01 Adele - Chasing Pavements02 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot03 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet04 Agnes - 24 Hours05 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her06 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning07 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide08 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy09 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting
21 hours ago21 hr Zara Larsson - Can't Tame HerMARINA - I Am Not a RobotJessie Ware - Hot N HeavySophie Ellis-Bextor - BittersweetKate Bush - CloudbustingAgnes - 24 HoursAdele - Chasing PavementsLeona Lewis feat. Avicii - CollideRobyn - Keep This Fire Burning
19 hours ago19 hr Adele - Chasing Pavements [favourite]Sophie Ellis-Bextor - BittersweetMARINA - I Am Not a RobotZara Larsson - Can't Tame HerLeona Lewis feat. Avicii - CollideJessie Ware - Hot N HeavyKate Bush - CloudbustingAgnes - 24 HoursRobyn - Keep This Fire Burning
19 hours ago19 hr 01; Kate Bush – Cloudbusting02; MARINA - I Am Not a Robot03; Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning04; Adele - Chasing Pavements05; Agnes - 24 Hours06; Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet07; Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her08; Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy09; Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - CollideI'm a 6Music listener so have to stan Cloudbusting x (I don't think I'd actually seen the video or looking into the song before though, it's lovely <3) TIL Keep This Fire Burning was a Robyn original! Wow, Beverley Knight really just did a carbon copy of it didn't she? It's a good song though and doesn't deserve to send her out (or temporarily out). I love the original Penguin from Avicii, but Collide was not great.
14 hours ago14 hr 01 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her02 Agnes - 24 Hours03 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning04 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide05 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet06 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot07 Adele - Chasing Pavements08 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting09 Jessie Ware - Hot N HeavyA very strong set of songs here. I truly feel bad to rank any of these towards the bottom, or last in the case of Jessie Ware - sorry! 💔It was lovely to be reminded of Sophie's 'Bittersweet'. I haven't listened to it since either 2010 or 2011 (I don't have the data on last.fm prior to 2012, so I haven't scrobbled it once before now *_* ). Mustn't leave it so long again!Stay strong, Robyn! 💖Swedish ladies outdoing the British ladies for me x
4 hours ago4 hr 01 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning02 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot03 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting04 Agnes - 24 Hours05 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet06 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her07 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide08 Adele - Chasing Pavements09 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy
Create an account or sign in to comment