Jump to content

Featured Replies

I found this really difficult - I think my top 5 were all number ones in my personal chart….all 9 songs offered something good though

  1. Marina - I Am Not A Robot - I have always been obsessed with this song. Such beautiful vocals and the lyrics always resonated with me

  2. Adele - Chasing Pavements - always remember preferring this over Mercy by Duffy and wanting her to come back strong after album 1! (Wonder how that turned out)

  3. Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy - my fave Jessie song so far. A pop banger

  4. Agnes - 24 Hours - vocals and production on point

  5. Leona Lewis - Collide - remember being sad about how people came for this song when it was released. Love her voice on it - suits her well

  6. Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning - I do prefer the Beverley Knight version but this was a great original version. Amazed people have rated this at the bottom

  7. Sophie Ellis Bextor - Bittersweet - solid choice to keep stronger for later

  8. Zara Larsson - Can’t Tame Her - liked but didn’t find the hook as appealing as other songs

  9. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting - really sorry to whoever sent this song. I liked it but just preferred the other songs more

  • Replies 72
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • A last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish

  • It must be quite the comfort to know you can crash out at any time but you’ve got two of the most loved songs of all time on Buzzjack in your back pocket 😂

  • These Marina bottom placements are blasphemous.

Posted Images

1.      Kate Bush – I’m a big Kate fan anyway and this is one of her best moments!  Great choice! (fave)

2.      Sophie Ellis Bextor – Fantastic song, one of her peak moments for me!

3.      Leona Lewis – I love this song, loved it back when and still do now.

4.      Agnes – Probably my favourite song I’ve heard by her in this contest, good choice!

5.      Zara – The best Zara song so far, and probably the only one I’ve actually liked tbh!

6.      Jessie Ware – Catchy enough I quite liked it

7.      Adele – I didn’t really get into Adele until 21, this is a nice song but doesn’t quite have the pizzazz of her future stuff.  19 is a miss for me, but I like that her albums have all been represented, good play by her mentor.

8.      Marina – Not the biggest fan anyway don’t totally get the Buzz love for her but this song wasn’t bad by any means

9.      Robyn – Never heard this before, listened to both Robyn and Beverley versions and much preferred our Bev.  Still not a bad song by any means. (least)

Just to say this is such a strong category I didn't dislike any songs! Roll on the "live shows!"

Edited by Spiceboy

8 minutes ago, Spiceboy said:

6.      Jessie J – Catchy enough I quite liked it

A last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish cheeseblock

Just now, Lee_J11 said:

A last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish cheeseblock

Beat me too it was going to.say something similar 🤣

Poor Jessie Ware being unceremoniously booted out of the contest in favour of Ms Cornish lol

4 minutes ago, Lee_J11 said:

A last minute entrant to the competition, everyone welcome Miss Jessica Ellen Cornish cheeseblock

3 minutes ago, 777666jason said:

Beat me too it was going to.say something similar 🤣

1 minute ago, Mangø said:

Poor Jessie Ware being unceremoniously booted out of the contest in favour of Ms Cornish lol

Oh bollocks! 😂 I'm such an idiot! Will edit to the superior Jessie (from Little Mix 🤭)

1st Kate Bush - Cloudbusting Marvellous, my favourite song by her

2nd Marina, Aquamarina - I Am Not A Puppet

3rd Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet

4th Adele - Chasing Pavements

5th Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning

6th Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy

7th Agnes - 24 Hours

8th Leona Lewis featuring Avicii - Collide

9th Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

1 (fave) Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

2 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

3 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot

4 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide

5 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet

6 Agnes - 24 Hours

7 Adele - Chasing Pavements

8 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy

9 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning

FAVE

09 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot

08 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet

07 Adele - Chasing Pavements

06 Agnes - 24 Hours

05 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide

04 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning

03 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

02 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

01 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy

LEAST FAVE

1 MARINA

2 Kate Bush

3 Adele

4 Robyn

5 Jessie Ware

6 Agnes

7 Zara Larsson

8 Sophie Ellis-Bextor

9 Leona Lewis

jump

I hope we're done with the people ranking 'I Am Not A Robot' so low because there's no way in hell that should be doing so much worse than her last two picks, still one of her best songs. More good picks from Kate and Adele, and as I said already I think this is one of Robyn's better songs that I know. I didn't immediately recall 'Hot N Heavy' from its title but quickly came back to me when I heard it - not as good as most of the original edition of the album but a solid deluxe track, a diet bop. Agnes' weird pronunciation of the word 'hours' constantly takes me out of the song a bit, minor nitpick I know but it somewhat spoils what could otherwise be a pretty great song, still like the production on it a lot. I think I recall not really liking 'Can't Tame Her' at first but it grew on me over time iirc and is sounding pretty decent these days. Likewise I don't think I liked 'Bittersweet' at the time but it's better than I remembered. 'Collide' is not terrible either but it's the clear weak link in a fairly strong bunch here.

01 Marina

02 Adele

03 Zara Larsson

04 Leona Lewis

05 Robyn

06 Agnes

07 Sophie Ellis Bextor

08 Kate Bush

09 Jessie Ware

01. MARINA - I Am Not a Robot [Favourite]

02. Agnes - 24 Hours

03. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet

04. Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide

05. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

06. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

07. Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning

08. Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy

09. Adele - Chasing Pavements

A round of 2 halves for me. That top 4... INSANE! SO DAMN GOOD. One of my favourite MARINA songs. An incredible Agnes song. As mentioned before, my favourite Sophie song! The Freemasons remix is particularly great too! An underrated BANGER by Leona (SO happy this got sent - never thought it would be a possibility tbh, it's surprisingly marmite on here iirc??) but YAY! Gorgeous vocals on this. Zara's song I go through stages with. A bop but then her vocals are really grating! Not a fave Kate song for me but cute. Never really cared for this Robyn song. The last two are songs that just aren't to my tastes at all. Disco I find really hard to get into and I find that particular Adele song pretty boring. BRING ON 'COLD SHOULDER'!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1