Jump to content

Featured Replies

Being no.1 is not the be all and end all. At the end of the day I'm not the artist, nor are you and in general to most people a 1-13 drop would be something to scoff at. I'd personally love a lumineers-esque chart run to no.1 then out the charts in a month.

 

Ok, that's a fair enough response, I don't agree with you but I can sort of see your point of view.

  • Replies 394
  • Views 33.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little late, but I have no time for 22 at all. It's an inferior version of We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together! :drama:

 

White Noise is still so stunning and euphoric. :wub: It's my second favourite song of the year behind Bastille's Pompeii! :D

Edited by G R I E F

I see the opposite? Everyone I know is caving in to the newer music.

 

Yeah, her songs are popular but she's always getting the piss ripped out of her and has this reputation as a $l*t for singing about guys all the time. Some people I know even think the lyrics about "making fun of our ex's" in '22' are about Harry Styles. :lol: The press are always making digs at her and alot of people online criticise her because of her selling out.

 

Her next album will be interesting.

i wonder if mcfly would have preferred a 6-20 drop instead of a 1-20 drop

Top 5 Albums

 

http://i49.tinypic.com/23ixtsn.jpg

 

1. Justin Timberlake – The 20/20 Experience

2. David Bowie – The Next Day

3. Emeli Sande - Our Version Of Events

4. Les Miserables – The Motion Picture Cast Recording

5. Bastille – Bad Blood

 

8 :arrowleft: (from 8) Bridgit Mendler - Ready Or Not [D]

 

http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/v4/a4/a5/11/a4a5115a-4623-e26e-13e3-ae66467b9cc2/13DMGIM03738.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 7-8-8 [3 wks]

 

Release date: 03-03-2013

Format: download only single

Label: Hollywood Records

 

Video here:

 

download track listing

01. Ready or Not

02. Ready or Not (DJ M3 Remix - Radio)

03. Ready or Not (DJ Mike D Remix - Extended Mixshow)

04. Ready or Not (DJ M3 Remix - Extended)

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

2013 07 Ready Or Not -1-

 

Album Discussion Here

Being no.1 is not the be all and end all. At the end of the day I'm not the artist, nor are you and in general to most people a 1-13 drop would be something to scoff at. I'd personally love a lumineers-esque chart run to no.1 then out the charts in a month.

 

 

Surely selling more overall is a lot better than a quick #1?

 

But the poster wasn't suggesting either of those though, he was saying it's better to drop 6-13 than 1-13. I don't see how it's at all logical to say someone would prefer to drop from #6 to #13, when in that scenario your 2nd-week position is equally low as if you'd drop 1-13, but in the latter scenario you'd atleast get a higher 1st-week position... I mean you would've sold more by charting at #1 and #13 in your first two weeks, than by charting at #6 and #13.

PO Emeli! How dare you prevent Les Mis from getting back in the top 3. :(

 

Also, David Bowie apparently "fastest selling album of the year", so I assume, Justin didn't quite manage to beat his sales last week. I hope that was a mistake :( Really want to see his sales now. :lol:

If someone had told me a month ago that Bridgit Mendler would have had three weeks in the top 10 I would have thought they were mad
No suprise at all with Justin getting the no.1.

 

I like this. "runs"

 

I don't mind it, but it rather deserved the #49 peak it got in the US Hot 100. Demi Lovato for #1 next month?

Bridgit actually holding up dear Christ. The end must be near.

 

Booo at Emeli staying top 3 yet again, not that Les Mis would be much better - pleased to see 'Bad Blood' getting a third week top 5 at least and Justin bagging that third #1 album in a row.

Edited by Bré

Yeah, her songs are popular but she's always getting the piss ripped out of her and has this reputation as a $l*t for singing about guys all the time. Some people I know even think the lyrics about "making fun of our ex's" in '22' are about Harry Styles. :lol: The press are always making digs at her and alot of people online criticise her because of her selling out.

 

Her next album will be interesting.

 

Well yeah I agree with you there, she has got a reputation :(. I feel quite sorry for her lol

PO Emeli! How dare you prevent Les Mis from getting back in the top 3. :(

 

Also, David Bowie apparently "fastest selling album of the year", so I assume, Justin didn't quite manage to beat his sales last week. I hope that was a mistake :( Really want to see his sales now. :lol:

 

 

nearly 106,000 for Justin :D

 

UK Charts

Justin Timberlake scores the fastest selling album of 2013 so far, and his third Number 1, with The 20/20 Experience.

 

How do you follow three consecutive weeks at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart?

 

If you’re the unstoppable Justin Timberlake you simply go and bring home the fastest selling album of the year, too! Chart domination complete. Following three weeks at the top of the Official Singles Chart, the US superstar now secures his third UK Number 1 album in a row with The 20/20 Experience.

 

Notching up sales of nearly 106,000 copies this week, the album which features two Top 5 singles (Suit & Tie FT Jay-Z and Mirrors) today takes its place as the fastest selling album of 2013, toppling reigning title holder David Bowie’s The Next Day. The 20/20 Experience has outsold the rest of this week’s Official Albums Chart Top 5 combined.

But the poster wasn't suggesting either of those though, he was saying it's better to drop 6-13 than 1-13. I don't see how it's at all logical to say someone would prefer to drop from #6 to #13, when in that scenario your 2nd-week position is equally low as if you'd drop 1-13, but in the latter scenario you'd atleast get a higher 1st-week position... I mean you would've sold more by charting at #1 and #13 in your first two weeks, than by charting at #6 and #13.

 

I bet the Saturdays would want a number 1 more than a long chart run, a number 1 gives you some

Status. I always think had I begin to wonder made number 1 for Danni she would have been called a flop

Less. She still would be considered a flop

Even if I begin to wonder had a lumidees chart run but a number 1 maybe not

7 :arrowleft: (from 7) Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Wanz - Thrift Shop [D]

 

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/066/Music/v4/e2/3b/72/e23b72e5-71e2-a5f6-bd50-bc68f86ddfb8/707541523691.170x170-75.jpg

 

Chart Run: 24-2-1-2-2-4-5-7-7 [9 wks]

 

Release date: 29-08-2012

Format: download only single

Label: Macklemore

 

Video here:

 

Chart history (Year peak title):

 

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

2013 01 Thrift Shop (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Wanz) -1-

 

Wanz

2013 01 Thrift Shop (Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Feat. Wanz)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.