April 14, 201313 yr Really hoping for Fandango to place anywhere, and Ding-Dong to be as far from #1 as possible.
April 14, 201313 yr Who's Jameela by the way? New host? And Reggie has gone? It should surely cause a Buzzjack uproar when that happened! :P You clearly haven't listened to the show recently :P Reggie left at the end of last year, and Jameela Jamil has taken over. She's doing a very good job at it in my opinion, however some Jackers think not.
April 14, 201313 yr While I admit 'Climax' is pretty good, I absolutely LOVED 'Scream'. It's generic as hell but the last chorus is amazing when you've got your earphones up full blast. I still hammer it to death. I agree with this. Excuse me, its been cloudy here all day. BAH! And I also agree with this! :D It's been so cloudy down here today. :( And I don't like Jameela either. URGH. Anyway, I'm hoping that Duke DUmont goes to #1 for a second week but that's only because I don't want the chart to be tainted by politics, as stupid as that sounds.
April 14, 201313 yr Good afternoon everyone! My retro faves :D 2012 1- CALL ME MAYBE- Carly Rae Jepsen (110,024) 2- BOYFRIEND- Justin Bieber (54,817) 3- SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW- Gotye Ft Kimbra (45,695) 5- STARSHIPS- Nicki Minaj (41,480) 6- SHE DOESN’T MIND- Sean Paul (39,465) 2008 1- AMERICAN BOY- Estelle Ft Kanye West (39,376) 2- BLACK AND GOLD- Sam Sparro (28,373) 4- 4 MINUTES- Madonna Ft Justin Timberlake (26,713) 5- TOUCH MY BODY- Mariah Carey (20,912) 6- MERCY- Duffy (18,187) 8- BETTER IN TIME - Leona Lewis (13,900)* 9- CRY FOR YOU- September (13,383) 2003 1- MAKE LUV- Room 5/ Oliver Cheatham (43,000) 3- IN DA CLUB- 50 Cent (19,000) 7- SCANDALOUS- Mis-Teeq (15,000)* 1998 1- IT’S LIKE THAT- Run DMC Vs Jason Nevins (128,000) 7- LA PRIMAVERA- Sash! (39,000)*
April 14, 201313 yr You clearly haven't listened to the show recently :P Reggie left at the end of last year, and Jameela Jamil has taken over. She's doing a very good job at it in my opinion, however some Jackers think not. Ahh thank you! Well, you can't be much worse than recent Reggie so I'm hopeful for best. :lol: Although I do really think hosting in pair is the best way to present the show.
April 14, 201313 yr Oh dear, Jameela's already trying to ignore Ding Dong. :lol: I don't think that a particular song in the chart has caused so much controversy since God Save The Queen?! Dearie me.
April 14, 201313 yr So I reckon new entries from The Wizard Of Oz Cast, Nina Nesbitt, Paramore, Nicki Minaj, AlunaGeorge and Notsensibles and a re-entry from Jakwob.
April 14, 201313 yr Although I do really think hosting in pair is the best way to present the show. Not a bad idea actually. Jameela and Scott Mills host the Chart Midweek Update together and do a great job at it.
April 14, 201313 yr I hated duo presentation on the chart show. In fact I think there's too much of it in general.
April 14, 201313 yr 6 and 1 this week then! Not too bad. Although a lot of them aren't "normal" songs this week. Jameela's probably been quite stressed this week! :lol:
April 14, 201313 yr Oh dear, Jameela's already trying to ignore Ding Dong. :lol: I don't think that a particular song in the chart has caused so much controversy since God Save The Queen?! Dearie me. The thing is the more they ignore it the more hype they will cause by doing that. And even more controversy will be brought onto our poor eyes and ears!
April 14, 201313 yr I would say the Rage Against the Machine vs. X Factor battle of 2009 got more media attention than today's battle. Rage did get lots of media attention, but as far as I'm aware, this is the first time that the UK Charts has led the news since Blur vs Oasis.
April 14, 201313 yr My retro faves: 2012 1- CALL ME MAYBE- Carly Rae Jepsen (110,024) 3- SOMEBODY THAT I USED TO KNOW- Gotye Ft Kimbra (45,695) 4- CLIMAX- Usher (41,617) 5- STARSHIPS- Nicki Minaj (41,480) 6- SHE DOESN’T MIND- Sean Paul (39,465) 7- WE ARE YOUNG- Fun Ft Janelle Monae (38,390) :wub: 8- LEVEL UP- Sway (33,735) 10- WILD ONES- Flo Rida Ft Sia (25,661) I've become more fond of Climax in recent times, although I'd say I still prefer Scream. 2008 1- AMERICAN BOY- Estelle Ft Kanye West (39,376) :wub: 2- BLACK AND GOLD- Sam Sparro (28,373) 3- LOW- Flo Rida (27,229) 4- 4 MINUTES- Madonna Ft Justin Timberlake (26,713) :wub: 5- TOUCH MY BODY- Mariah Carey (20,912) 6- MERCY- Duffy (18,187) 8- BETTER IN TIME/ FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND- Leona Lewis (13,900)* 9- CRY FOR YOU- September (13,383) :wub: 10- WITH YOU- Chris Brown (11,900)* 2003 3- IN DA CLUB- 50 Cent (19,000) 4- MOVE YOUR FEET- Junior Senior (18,000)* 5- SPIRIT IN THE SKY- Gareth Gates Ft Kumars (16,000)* 10- I’M WITH YOU- Avril Lavigne (13,000)* :wub: 1998 1- IT’S LIKE THAT- Run DMC Vs Jason Nevins (128,000) :wub: 3- MY HEART WILL GO ON- Celine Dion (54,000)* :wub: 10- LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU- Robbie Williams (31,000)*
April 14, 201313 yr 40 (from 30) Haim - Falling [D] http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r2000/019/Music/v4/5f/ab/19/5fab1920-7a38-151e-0873-f8d69249e814/13UMGIM01770.170x170-75.jpg Chart Run: 70-xx(4wks)-69-55-30-40 [5 wks] Release date: 12-02-2013 Format: download only single Label: Universal Music Video here: AIjVpRAXK18 Chart history (Year peak title): 2012 32 Don't Save Me -1- 2012 75 Forever -EPT- 2013 30 Falling -3-
April 14, 201313 yr 'Falling' is such a good track, one of my favourites of the current chart. :wub: Wish it could have climbed higher but a #30 peak isn't too bad.
April 14, 201313 yr Yay! Second week in the Top 40! :cheer: Don't Save Me only spent 1 week there if I remember correctly.
April 14, 201313 yr as expected, Fandango didn't make the top 40. OCC tweeted it ends at 44, 239 copies away they also mentioned that two of the most talked about songs didn't make it so I guess the other Thatcher song didn't get a big enough push either to make it
Create an account or sign in to comment