April 14, 201313 yr I've not watched the video for High Hopes, but how did they manage to get Liam Cunningham for it? :o Given that the video for All I Want got over a million hits on YouTube, any actor worth their salt would cut their arm off to appear in their videos for the publicity. Plus I guess that Kodaline's record label could easily afford him.
April 14, 201313 yr A pretty good start of the show! Believe it or not but I avoided listening to 'Locked out of Heaven' track up until now. :lol: Well, it's not bad and it's very radio-friendly!
April 14, 201313 yr I still haven't got bored of Locked Out Of Heaven! It still sounds so good as well.
April 14, 201313 yr By the way, if the OCC have revealed any songs that have not made the chart today, then you don't need spoiler tags as that counts as released information :D
April 14, 201313 yr Definitely still prefer this to When I Was Your Man! Will be interesting to see what he picks as the third single. Haim and Kodaline were great also!
April 14, 201313 yr 37 (from 56) Jakwob feat. Maiday - Fade [D] http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/077/Music/v4/3b/e1/4f/3be14f68-5288-57cd-df40-2ca5e2546e55/cover.170x170-75.jpg Chart Run: 35-51-56-37 [4 wks] Release date: 15-03-2013 Format: download only single Label: JAKWOB Video here: d6N6AaryENM download track listing 1 Fade (Vocal) 2 Fade (Instrumental) 3 Fade (Wilkinson Remix) 4 Fade (Etherwood Remix) [feat. Maiday] Chart history (Year peak title): 2013 35 Fade (Jakwob feat. Maiday) -1-
April 14, 201313 yr The song does sound like Calvin Harris, but it also sounds a bit like Lamb, which is acceptable. kbUfDXrWgbs
April 14, 201313 yr This Haim song is a grower! Great to see it getting a 2nd week top 40! And Tom Odell still doesn't have a top 40 to his name! I knew he'd be this years Michael Kiwanuka. Don't think his album will sell a lot too. Agreed. They pushed his album back by about 2 months -- they claimed it was because they were scared it would leak in the States before it was released there, but I think the fact there was less enthusiasm for him than they were anticipating must have been atleast part of their reasoning. I think this year could well prove to be the first time ever that the BBC "Sound Of" winner has outperformed the Brits Critics' Choice winner (on years they've had different winners). Edited April 14, 201313 yr by Danny
April 14, 201313 yr I'm really liking Fade right now! I didn't think it was possible for a dance song to be downtempo and sad lyrically but Jakwob and Maiday have done just that! Great to see it back in the chart.
April 14, 201313 yr I love Fade! :wub: I'm really glad that it got a second week in the Top 40 eventually.
April 14, 201313 yr When she said she thought it sounded like a Calvin Harris song, I thought she was going mad. But now I can really her that I'm Not Alone influence! I love this song, but I've only just discovered what the song was called or who's credited on it.
April 14, 201313 yr Definitely still prefer this to When I Was Your Man! Will be interesting to see what he picks as the third single. Haim and Kodaline were great also! He should pick Treasure as his third single. It's already playlisted on Choice FM!
April 14, 201313 yr Surely the re-entry must be Ignition? TBH I'm glad it's Jakwob and not R Kelly. I don't want to see old song in the top 40 because of the 59p promotions again, at least this week :(
April 14, 201313 yr Fantastic to see 'Fade' back and not just a one week wonder in the top 40. Hope it can get a new peak next week :wub: I don't really get the comparison to Calvin, the piano chords do sound like 'I'm Not Alone' admittedly but the song itself doesn't at all (unlike 'Yeah 3X' and 'Eyes Wide Shut'). Edited April 14, 201313 yr by Braydeux
April 14, 201313 yr Most exciting chart since Christmas 2009 and maybe further before that? I think so! I'm loving all of the movement in the chart this week. ^_^ Edited April 14, 201313 yr by Griefeon
April 14, 201313 yr I'm really liking Fade right now! I didn't think it was possible for a dance song to be downtempo and sad lyrically but Jakwob and Maiday have done just that! Great to see it back in the chart. *Cough* Massive Attack. And yes, it is possible.
Create an account or sign in to comment