November 24, 201312 yr Album chart new entries (6-40) 6 (new entry) JLS - "Goodbye - The Greatest Hits" http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/v4/8d/c6/ff/8dc6ffe0-e4be-adaf-3a4a-c3ba886ec1ec/886443987869.170x170-75.jpg Chart run: 6- (1 week) Top 100 hit singles from this album: 01 Beat Again 01 The Club Is Alive 01 Everybody In Love 01 Love You More 01 She Makes Me Wanna (feat. Dev) 02 Take A Chance On Me 06 Hottest Girl In The World 06 One Shot 06 Proud 08 Eyes Wide Shut (feat. Tinie Tempah) 16 Do You Feel What I Feel? 19 Billion Lights Chart history: 2009 01 JLS 2010 02 Outta This World 2011 02 Jukebox 2012 03 Evolution 2013 06 Goodbye - The Greatest Hits ~ 23 (new entry) Gareth Malone - "Voices" http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/55/66/8f/55668ff3-069f-4975-c86d-36584e1554d4/13UAAIM70156.170x170-75.jpg Chart run: 23- (1 week) Top 100 hit singles from this album: none Chart history: 2013 23 Voices ~ 38 (new entry) Gabrielle - "Now And Always: 20 Years Of Dreaming" http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music4/v4/d0/72/87/d0728739-d969-ad46-5a1c-57f0e2d74c96/13UAAIM83211.170x170-75.jpg Chart run: 38- (1 week) Top 100 hit singles from this album: 01 Dreams 01 Rise 04 Out Of Reach 05 Give Me A Little More Time 06 When A Woman 07 Walk On By 09 Don't Need The Sun To Shine (To Make Me Smile) 09 Going Nowhere 09 Sunshine 13 Should I Stay 23 Forget About The World 24 Because Of You 26 I Wish 42 Why 43 Ten Years Time Chart history: 1993 09 Find Your Way 1996 11 Gabrielle 1999 01 Rise 2001 02 Dreams Can Come True - Greatest Hits Vol 1 2004 10 Play To Win 2007 11 Always 2013 38 Now And Always: 20 Years Of Dreaming Sorry for the delay - blame Gabrielle re-entering the top 40 after dropping out on Friday (how?!) so I had to scramble to fill in her chart history.
November 24, 201312 yr Sorry for the delay - blame Gabrielle re-entering the top 40 after dropping out on Friday (how?!) so I had to scramble to fill in her chart history. It's been a busy week for unexpected chart entries :cry:
November 24, 201312 yr 4 (from 3) Ellie Goulding - How Long Will I Love You [P] http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/4f/2a/49/4f2a49e9-379c-e9da-327e-9731aa34b407/13UAAIM74146.170x170-75.jpg Chart Run: 3-4 [2 wks] Release date: 10-11-2013 / 11-11-2013 Format: digital single / CDS Label: Polydor Ltd. (UK) Sales: 80k+ Video here: an4ySOlsUMY Biography Ellie Goulding is a British vocalist whose music finds the balance between electro-pop and indie folk. Born in Hereford, England, she later moved to the country's east coast to study drama at the University of Kent. Goulding had developed a love for folk music as a teenager, and her time at University also exposed her to electronica. After two years, she took a break from her studies and moved to West London, where she pursued a career as an alternative singer/songwriter and befriended producers like Starsmith and Frankmusik, who gave her songs an electro-pop twist. In 2009, Goulding began building an audience via the internet, where early tracks like "Starry Eyed" and a cover of Sam Sparro's "Black & Gold" were posted on taste-making MP3 blogs such as Discodust. Goulding soon graduated from the blogosphere to print media, gaining praise from mainstream publications like The Guardian and fielding offers from record labels. She ultimately signed a major-label deal with Polydor Records and began making preparations to release her debut album. In the meantime, she penned songs for Diana Vickers, Gabriella Climi, and others. During the final weeks of 2009, Goulding topped the BBC's "Sound of 2010," a poll conducted by British music critics and industry insiders to identify new talent. Building on that momentum, she released Lights — a sparkling debut album that splashed Goulding's vocal flutter across a landscape of acoustic and synthesized instruments — in March 2010. Lights topped the U.K. charts during its first week and spun off a Top Five single, "Starry Eyed," which also charted well in Ireland and New Zealand. Later that year, the album was re-released as Bright Lights, featuring seven new recordings (including a cover of Elton John's "Your Song," which peaked at number two). In 2012, Goulding returned with her sophomore album, Halcyon, which showcased an even more sonically adventurous, electro-pop-infused sound. In 2013, a deluxe reissue featuring ten extra songs was released, entitled Halcyon Days, it acted as supplement to the original release. ~ Andrew Leahey & Jason Birchmeier, Rovi / iTunes Chart history (Year peak title): 2009 53 Under The Sheets -1- 2010 04 Starry Eyed -2- 2010 26 Guns And Horses -3- 2010 19 The Writer -4- 2010 12 Wonderman (Tinie Tempah Feat. Ellie Goulding) 2010 02 Your Song -5- 2011 49 Lights -6- 2012 05 Anything Could Happen -1- 2012 33 Figure 8 -2- 2013 13 Explosions -3- 2013 04 I Need Your Love (Calvin Harris Feat. Ellie Goulding) -4- 2013 01 Burn -5- 2013 03 How Long Will I Love You -6- Album Discussion Here
November 24, 201312 yr Can't really get into How Long Will I Love You ~ I prefer her more up-tempo stuff.
November 24, 201312 yr love the ellie goulding track - ever since I heard it from the movie soundtrack
November 24, 201312 yr Jameela has different topics of interest than I would have as an interviewer :lol: Can't say I care about Ellie's (or anyone's) clothing choices :lol:
November 24, 201312 yr 3 Gary Barlow - Let Me Go [D] http://a3.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music6/v4/5b/f9/3a/5bf93a3f-1315-dfac-f816-f8954f590e87/13UAAIM99961.170x170-75.jpg Chart Run: 3 [1 wk] Release date: 17-11-2013 Format: digital single Label: Polydor Video here: ENrj5u_lrWw Biography Gary Barlow OBE (born 20 January 1971) is an English singer-songwriter, pianist and record producer. He is frontman and lead vocalist of British pop-group Take That and serves as head judge on The X Factor UK. Barlow is one of Britain's most successful songwriters, having written thirteen Number 1 singles. He has had three Number 1 singles and two Number 1 albums as a solo artist, and has had sixteen top 5 hits, eleven Number 1 singles and seven Number 1 albums with Take That. He is also a six-time recipient of the Ivor Novello Award and has sold over 50 million records worldwide. He was appointed an OBE in 2012 for services to music and charity. - Wikipedia Chart history (Year peak title): 1996 01 Forever Love -1- 1997 01 Love Won't Wait -2- 1997 11 So Help Me Girl -3- 1997 07 Open Road -4- 1999 16 Stronger -1- 1999 24 For All That You Want -2- 2010 02 Shame (Robbie Williams & Gary Barlow) 2012 01 Sing (Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band) -1- 2012 59 Here Comes The Sun (Gary Barlow & The Commonwealth Band) -AT- 2013 03 Let Me Go -1- http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/uploads/group_images/of_94.png
November 24, 201312 yr It's been a busy week for unexpected chart entries :cry: You wait the top 3 singles will spring a surprise :P
November 24, 201312 yr First time I've heard this, I can see exactly why people say he's ripped off Mumford + Sons. Blimey. COME ON BASTILLE!
November 24, 201312 yr First time I hear the Gary song and I thought he was a better "singer" than that, I mean his voice is very grating and irritating. :o
November 24, 201312 yr Can't really get into How Long Will I Love You ~ I prefer her more up-tempo stuff. Me too. How Long Will I Love You is really boring to me :(
November 24, 201312 yr Poor Martin Garrix, 'Animals' didn't deserve to plummet from the top spot like that. :cry:
November 24, 201312 yr 'Let Me Go' sounds about the same in studio version as it did on XF - inoffensive enough, not something I'd purposely listen to but not something I'd turn off either. Here comes the moment of truth.
November 24, 201312 yr First time I hear the Gary song and I thought he was a better "singer" than that, I mean his voice is very grating and irritating. :o Haven't you been slating him all week and the song!
November 24, 201312 yr It's hard to find any appeal with Gary's song considering it's like the hundredth foot-stomping acoustic-driven song we've had this year. No originality here!
November 24, 201312 yr This Gary Barlow song isn't that bad. Shame Mumford & Sons haven't had a Top 3 hit. :(
November 24, 201312 yr This isn't awful but its not amazing either, quite hard to say anything about it really.
Create an account or sign in to comment