Jump to content

Featured Replies

Plus the effect of buying physicals as Christmas gifts has now worn off - this week was always going to benefit acts that thrive more on streaming
  • Replies 300
  • Views 35.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Think it's now looking more likely it'll just be Mariah again - not really sure why but Wham! seem to be peaking around the 23rd-25th and then falling back behind her again.   I do prefer Mariah's so

  • Thanks for that. The Christmas songs will more or less stay in the same order between now and Friday as they won't do much more.   That basically means it's a battle between Mariah and Little Mix the

  • Jessie Where
    Jessie Where

    I'm hearing in the most recent update Wham! were 89 copies behind Mariah, is that true? :o

It's £4.99 everywhere

 

It's not been full price since week one.

 

Regardless, an win is an win

Dua Lipa #3 in the albums!?

 

tumblr_m7h3k1cQF41r4wyx0o3_r3_250.gif

 

Streaming

Plus both versions of album £4.99 everywhere

 

Doesn't take much

  • Author
Streaming

Plus both versions of album £4.99 everywhere

 

Doesn't take much

So why is Kylie not that high as well? :P

 

Let's not belittle other artists' success. It's impressive for Future Nostalgia to be that high again, it's not been top 5 since June.

Whoa didn't expect that many Xmas songs still in, but of course the Friday streams were gigantic (also Buble #1 thanks to them)

 

LadBaby going #1->out of top 75

Edited by Sour Candy

So why is Kylie not that high as well? :P

 

Let's not belittle other artists' success. It's impressive for Future Nostalgia to be that high again, it's not been top 5 since June.

 

Not sure I get you?

 

The query was why was Dua Lipa 3 in the Midweeks. I am stating the facts.

 

It's cheap and it's one of the best selling albums of year and worlds most popular artist. course it can get back up the charts and sell well

 

Kylie hasn't streamed well, is on no playlists whatsoever and album 6.99 not 4.99. Kylie sold 1000+ this week so she is doing ok.

 

It's a freaky week in album sales probably based on Xmas Day and Boxing Day playlists for gatherings.

 

I love Dua Lipa and I know the album has been a success.

Doesn't mean streaming and price isn't a big factor - It is

Edited by SmileyKylie

Shocked and not pleased to see Afterglow ahead of Whoopty. :angry: I'm not here to see Sheeran getting his 666th UK number 1 next week. :drama:

I won't be surprised if Alexa's top 2 get the official UK top 2 this Friday.

I'd be happy for Little Mix to get #1, it feels like it's been a big enough hit to deserve it and it would be a nice way for them to end their original line up.

 

Very much here for Taylor potentially returning to #1 in the albums too

Wow, this week is much more of a mess than I'd have ever predicted. :lol: Christmas Day streams for the Christmas songs really just being absurdly larger than the streams for every normal song at the moment... (and not helping that Boxing Day was still a somewhat stronger day for them than usual as well). Will just be another week until the charts return to normal then! (Won't mind if it means Coldplay might get another top 40 week tbh)

 

I didn't consider it was even possible that 'Sweet Melody' would remain on SCR, probably has a good chance of hitting #1 next week then (unless 'positions' gets a reset, but I'm assuming at this point that the mass resets aren't happening, or if anything may be more likely to be happening 2 weeks from now than next week). Still don't like the song at all but it's obviously been a huge hit and I won't begrudge them possibly getting another #1 this far into their career.

 

Aside: Playboi Carti really picked a terrible day to release, I feel like the hype around his album surely would have carried him to at least 1 top 40 hit a la Lil Uzi's Eternal Atake if he hadn't just dropped on a day when literally no one cared for non Christmas music. As it were, by the time more people might be giving it a chance, it's already been critically panned. Lel ~

  • Author
Can have chart of year radio 1 on Friday. Christmas Day streaming made right mass this week last next week normal service resumes. Hope radio 1 do chart of year on new year day gone end last Christmas songs in January

They did the chart of the year so far during first look on Sunday instead so I'd be gobsmacked if they did that this Friday! I expect they'll probably focus more on the non-festive songs below the top 10 where possible and minimise the amount of Xmas songs to play, but they obviously can't avoid them entirely

Come on "Sweet Melody"! Would love to see that get the #1 spot. Not sure it can overcome the gigantic Christmas day streams though. :( I hope "Midnight Sky" increases enough this week to go back onto SCR next week.

 

Miley #17 in the album chart is good - that should mean she'll rise some in the chart come Friday. She's been stuck at #17 for the last 3 weeks. Would love to see it get back in the top 10 at some point.

 

 

oh didn't realise Buble could be #1 based on his albums streams on Xmas day alone

but looking at the Spotify data on the 25th, and excluding the top 2 tracks, the rest did between 197-388K, 280K on average

if my calculations are right that would be around 3.5K on Spotify alone

so depending on the market share, Buble's album could have done easily 7K on streams on Xmas day alone

 

 

Wasn’t expecting the update so nice to see though I expect to see some big changes by the end of the week. Mad the first non Xmas track is only 29 on that midweek chart! Next week will look very different I imagine.

 

Weird seeing those three kings college albums clustered together, with the one variation in the artist name. Guessing people listened to a playlist with them altogether that has helped all three albums out.

Would love to know the gap between Bublé and Taylor - hope that Taylor can get back to #1 this week but failing that, The Vamps might be about to get relieved of their record drop from #1 lel ~
Streaming

Plus both versions of album £4.99 everywhere

 

Doesn't take much

I know Future Nostalgia CD is discounted on HMV and Amazon (part of their Boxing Day sale), just didn't expect it to have that big of an effect!

 

Also #4 on iTunes :cheer: :w00t:

Chart show on 15 min longer as well number 1 get announce official chart website 1st. last radio 1 gone fill last 15 min something else. As bank holiday no news beat 4.30pm or 5.45pm

Edited by Everton

I know Future Nostalgia CD is discounted on HMV and Amazon (part of their Boxing Day sale), just didn't expect it to have that big of an effect!

 

Also #4 on iTunes :cheer: :w00t:

 

Yep the original CD and the remix CD both 4.99 so with sales tight she is doing very nicely

would be rather odd for radio 1 to have to play a load of christmas music on Jan 1st if indeed the normal songs don’t sell enough to catch up and kick them out the top 40 Lol

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.