Jump to content

Vote for your favourites (multiple choice) 41 members have voted

  1. 1. preferably after listening to all of the songs x

    • SIENNA SPIRO - The Visitor (#11)
    • Noah Kahan - Porch Light (#19)
    • beabadoobee - All I Did Was Dream Of You (feat. The Marías) (#60)
    • James Blake - Doesn't Just Happen (feat. Dave) (#66)
    • Tre Reynolds - Don't Go (Don't Leave) (#97)
    • none of the above

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Posted

Each week (aiming for Sunday evenings) I'll post one of these polls and ask you all to select your favourites from the week's new entries in the UK Singles Chart top 100. Unlike the similar polls in the genre forums, this poll is multiple choice - I'll leave it to your discretion how you want to give votes, if you want to just vote for your favourite each week then go for it, if not you can vote for as many songs as you feel deserve a vote (I will encourage people to make sure they've actually listened to all of the songs before voting but I can't enforce that obviously x). There's also a 'none of the above' option if you want to put in a protest vote. And then feel free to post in the thread any rankings/ratings or general thoughts. The song with the most votes at the end of the week will be the winner.

Pleasantly surprised at our week 11 winner, as Harry Styles becomes the first artist to win the poll twice this year, he previously got both the UK #1 and more importantly the win in this poll with 'Aperture' and pulls off the double double with 'American Girls', pushed as the second single alongside the release of his fourth album 'Kiss All The Time. Disco, Occasionally.'. It prevailed by 3 votes over Bebe Rexha and Faithless who I had expected to win. Hooray! Also of note, no 'none of the above' votes at all last week - but maybe that's also a function of me posting the poll late in the week and it not being seen by people who might have voted for that, as the overall number of votes dipped below 40 for the first time this year and by quite a way oop.

Full week 11 results:

1 20/34 Harry Styles - American Girls (#1)

2 17/34 Bebe Rexha and Faithless - New Religion (#43)

3 12/34 Harry Styles - Ready, Steady, Go! (#5)

4 11/34 ANOTR - Talk To You (feat. 54 Ultra) (#53)

5 9/34 Julia Wolf - In My Room (#97)

6 4/34 Bruno Mars - God Was Showing Off (#67)

[0/34 none of the above]

This week's contenders:

SIENNA SPIRO - The Visitor (#11)

Noah Kahan - Porch Light (#19)

beabadoobee - All I Did Was Dream Of You (feat. The Marías) (#60)

James Blake - Doesn't Just Happen (feat. Dave) (#66)

Tre Reynolds - Don't Go (Don't Leave) (#97)

Another quite anaemic list of just 5 new arrivals this week although also quite a high quality one for me - although I haven't yet heard that last song (which I just discovered while looking it up is, in fact, a sample of the Wretch 32 song). Not sure that there is an obvious winner this week although I know who I want to win!

Hall of Fame:

Week 1: Zara Larsson - Midnight Sun [29/49]

Week 2: Fleetwood Mac - Landslide [27/48]

Week 3: Bruno Mars - I Just Might [26/44]

Week 4: Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over [23/43]

Week 5: Harry Styles - Aperture [30/46]

Week 6: Noah Kahan - The Great Divide [21/44]

Week 7: sombr - Homewrecker [31/43]

Week 8: Charli xcx - Dying For You [23/43]

Week 9: twenty one pilots - Drag Path [20/40]

Week 10: Gorillaz - Orange County (feat. Bizarrap, Kara Jackson and Anoushka Shankar) [16/40]

Week 11: Harry Styles - American Girls [20/34]

  • Replies 15
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • GreyAsh
    GreyAsh

    When I see ‘Tre Reynolds’ I think it’s The Reynolds Girls back again!

  • I didn't have the chance to vote last week as was on hol for the entire thread opening window. SIENNA SPIRO - The Visitor (#11) - extremely dull, she's clearly just a one trick pony Noah Kahan - Porc

  • Let's be honest, she's more of a no trick pony

Only one this week I am not keen on is the Tre Reynolds track. Would rather listen to the Wretch 32 original.

It's a 'None of the above' for me this week I'm afraid. 'Porch Light' is probably the best of a bad bunch, but I don't like it enough to be able to bring myself to vote for it. The Sienna Spiro song is such a yawnfest, I just don't understand what people are liking about her.

Edited by Mangø

Went for beabadoobee and James Blake but I quite like the Sienna and Noah songs too. Only 1 stinker here and everything else is decent.

Gone with Sienna, Noah and Bea. Pleasantly surprised by All I Did Was Dream Of You, usually find Bea really annoying but this was great, love the nods to 90s grunge! Doesn't Just Happen was unfortunately ruined by the annoying high pitch vocal sample, Don't Go is another pointless nostalgia-bait remix, wish people would stop rewarding stuff like this

I didn't have the chance to vote last week as was on hol for the entire thread opening window.

  • SIENNA SPIRO - The Visitor (#11) - extremely dull, she's clearly just a one trick pony

  • Noah Kahan - Porch Light (#19) - mumford & sons called, they want their song back

  • beabadoobee - All I Did Was Dream Of You (feat. The Marías) (#60) - went in with low expectations but was pleasantly surprised, nails the indie chill 90s sound well

  • James Blake - Doesn't Just Happen (feat. Dave) (#66) - dark and gritty, excellent setting with the violin too. and we do love the water drop sound effect making another appearance

  • Tre Reynolds - Don't Go (Don't Leave) (#97) - hated the original and despite a decent beat which undeniably improves the song it's not getting my vote

Voted for bebop & JB

1 hour ago, Dobbo said:
  • SIENNA SPIRO - The Visitor (#11) - extremely dull, she's clearly just a one trick pony

Let's be honest, she's more of a no trick pony

votes for all par the reynolds, didnt click with it

  1. beabadoobee - All I Did Was Dream of You (feat. The Marías)

  2. James Blake - Doesn't Just Happen (feat. Dave)

  3. Noah Kahan - Porch Light

  4. SIENNA SPIRO - The Visitor

  5. Tre Reynolds - Don't Go (Don't Leave)

beabadobee easily has my favourite this week.

Porch Light is better than Noah's average and Tre Reynolds should leave Wretch 32 alone

Voted for everything bar the 'Don't Go' thing. The Sienna and Noah songs took a few listens to click, but both hold up well against the hits they're following up.

Voted for 'Doesn't Just Happen' this week!

I prefer it to both of the Dave/James collabs on The Boy Who Played The Harp although 'Both Sides Of A Smile' is still my favourite of their team-ups. wub

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.