February 12, 201214 yr Isn't that exactly what I said in the part of my comment you highlighted? :mellow: You said she helped the song "cross over" commercially, which was a bit far. When I say she helped the song, I mean for me personally the song steps up a notch at her entrance and the last minute is pure brilliance but i'm speaking on behalf of my opinion only, i'm not saying she's the reason the song did so well worldwide. :lol:
February 12, 201214 yr 39 Maverick Sabre - Let Me Go [D] http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510VmomoBcL._AA115_.jpg Chart Run: 16-18-29-43-xx(24 wks)-39 [5 wks] Release date: 24-07-2011 Format: download only single Label: Universal Music Video here: eVMWgmQA4Ig Chart history (Year peak title): 2010 31 Jungle (Professor Green Feat. Maverick Sabre) 2010 52 In The Air (True Tiger Feat. Professor Green & Maverick Sabre) 2011 16 Let Me Go 2011 18 I Need Album Discussion Here Surprise to see this song back on the chart
February 12, 201214 yr It was just a weird thing, the way people seemed to be fighting so hard to say that Christina wasn't top 10 on iTunes, when she was. I just didn't get it. It doesn't matter how much she sings on the song, she's top 10 on iTunes. :lol: Well obviously she was in the top 10. But not with one of her own songs. A minor featured appearance on a big hit does not constitute a big comeback like you seem to think it does. -x- Get Out My Head :wub: Really glad this has held up quite well so far. Edited February 12, 201214 yr by Bré
February 12, 201214 yr Maverick Sabre's chart success has caused you to die? How did you manage to write the comment? :lol: Ha. I didn't mean literally (obviously). :lol: Get Out My Head is sooooo good. :heart:
February 12, 201214 yr You said she helped the song "cross over" commercially, which was a bit far. When I say she helped the song, I mean for me personally the song steps up a notch at her entrance and the last minute is pure brilliance but i'm speaking on behalf of my opinion only, i'm not saying she's the reason the song did so well worldwide. :lol: I think she did give it cross-over appeal. Maroon 5 are an adult-contemporary indie-pop band while Christina is very pop. I think MLJ would've been a hit regardless of Xtina but I doubt it would've been as big without her. It just works as a collaboration. I hate that Redlight song. What the f**k was that? :mellow:
February 12, 201214 yr I hate that Redlight song. What the f**k was that? :mellow: It was 'Get Out My Head' by Redlight :D Pretty unrelated but Redlight didn't have a Wikipedia page until like a week ago. Quite odd to see a new entry into the top 40 by an artist without a page :P Edited February 12, 201214 yr by Bré
February 12, 201214 yr Has Tim Westwood ever actually presented the chart show before? It'd be so funny to hear. :lol: About the other chart shows: "Well, there's on other *big* one". See what they did there. :kink:
February 12, 201214 yr 22 (from 24) Birdy - Skinny Love [D] http://a4.mzstatic.com/us/r30/Music/82/e5/d1/mzi.xosrhigb.100x100-75.jpg Chart Run: 25-29-27-27-27-22-21-19-17-20-31-43-68-65-67-68-xx(3 wks)-56-63-xx(8 wks)-59-46-66-66-xx(2 wks)-55-70-xx(7 wks)-25-29-28-24-22 [29 wks] Release date: 30-01-2011 Format: download only track Label: Lady Of The Lake Video: aNzCDt2eidg Chart history (Year peak title): 2011 17 Skinny Love 2011 50 Shelter 2011 33 People Help The People
February 12, 201214 yr still adore this. :wub: her voice is so beautiful. amazing how long it's been sticking around, mini 'I'm yours'?
February 12, 201214 yr Skinny Love is another song which has done amazingly despite peaking at #17 (like The One That Got Away)!
February 12, 201214 yr Ok 'We Found Love', 'Lego House', 'Jar of Hearts' and 'Skinny Love' all need to F**K OFF!!
February 12, 201214 yr Well thank God this did go top 20 again or, worse, re-peak. Can this PLEASE go away now, really not enjoying the resurgence of this in the last month :(
February 12, 201214 yr Shame "Skinny Love" didn't reach the new peak expected in the Chart Predictions thread.
February 12, 201214 yr (38) Lil Wayne-Mirror More boring rap from Lil' Wayne. Still don't get why people care about this guy
February 12, 201214 yr I believe the singles chart has become slower than it was in the last several years
Create an account or sign in to comment