Jump to content

Featured Replies

REDLIGHTS is now hitting!!! Very ABBA esque. She’s genuinely so interesting artistically. Easily amongst the most versatile artists across the industry she suits any style.

  • Replies 172
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Envoirment
    Envoirment

    Debuts at #1 in the US officially!! First #1 album in 13 years, yay! https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/miley-cyrus-bass-persuades-no-1-billboard-200-albums-chart-1236349456/

  • blacksquare
    blacksquare

    Hun you like Cleveland

  • Lee_J11
    Lee_J11

    What absolutely atrocious timing JESUS HAROLD CHRIST 😭😭😭

Posted Images

I also think she's clearly an album artist at this point too, 'Something Beautiful' proved that especially.

It sounds strange given their different scales, but her situation reminds me of Charli pre-Brat. I feel like she constantly battles to balance commercial viability with her personal taste, resulting in disjointed projects that fight against themselves. Diving more into industrial electronica with a track like Different Religion as the centrepiece would have been delicious, but she never allows herself to settle into one sound for long. I do think she has an incredible album in her, but I don't think it's a pop album. I'm just not sure whether she'll ever allow herself to go there completely.

Plastic Hearts is a career highlight and she was truly popular back then which resulted Flowers taking off the way it did. Since then, her chances of getting hits have become slimmer with each release but the quality is still there.

If there was promotion attached to her music i think she could attract more success. She’s said she doesn’t want to tour a few times over the last few years but I honestly think a tour would easily be a massive success and provide her with viral moments. That’s where she comes alive but she just drops albums and we don’t get an “era” as such. The talent and material are there though.

Theres no denying that plastic hearts wasnt a great era for her, and it probably did contribute a small part to flowers, but I do think a big chunk of why flowers took off initially was more down to what the song actually represented and her breakdown in her marriage

Bonus track ‘Smile’ is GREAT!

Annoying that the 10th track of an album was a remix… ugh.

10 hours ago, blacksquare said:

I also think she's clearly an album artist at this point too, 'Something Beautiful' proved that especially.

It sounds strange given their different scales, but her situation reminds me of Charli pre-Brat. I feel like she constantly battles to balance commercial viability with her personal taste, resulting in disjointed projects that fight against themselves. Diving more into industrial electronica with a track like Different Religion as the centrepiece would have been delicious, but she never allows herself to settle into one sound for long. I do think she has an incredible album in her, but I don't think it's a pop album. I'm just not sure whether she'll ever allow herself to go there completely.

I think she needs to lean into rock/alt more, whether that’s going further into rock than Plastic Hearts or committing to the sound of Different Religion. That’s I think where she shines, her aesthetic, her voice, it would all lend itself to that amazingly well but she never fully delves into it.

Plastic Hearts is handily her best album for me and where I actually felt she had that balance, Something Beautiful was good but not something I go back to loads.

Let's Get Married is ao bad!! And she has made it the new single!! Flops O Clock. Let's hope she pulls it around in tbe next era, but I am getting Katy Perry vibes now

I liked the album more than expected based on the reception commercially and views I've seen online. Aftermath is my favourite album track but Bass Persuades is definitely growing on me and I like the remix. The project is cohesive and the production is good throughout so I'll come back to it.

This album lowkey being the biggest flop of the decade and on track to debut worse than 143 is crazy….💀 it definitely doesn’t deserve that.

I wonder if Miley's choice not to tour has impacted her ability to sustain a fanbase? Maybe artists need that aspect in order to sustain their fanbase (feeling connected etc)

I say this because she is clearly a massive star, and EVERYONE knows who she is, but she seems very hit and miss when it comes to releases actually gaining any traction. I still need to listen to the album oops.

1 hour ago, Liаm said:

This album lowkey being the biggest flop of the decade and on track to debut worse than 143 is crazy….💀 it definitely doesn’t deserve that.

143 didn't deserve that either

1 hour ago, Liаm said:

This album lowkey being the biggest flop of the decade and on track to debut worse than 143 is crazy….💀 it definitely doesn’t deserve that.

I did warn y'alls!!! You cannot release an album off a flop single. You have to release a second. If it flops, cancel it and redo it. Rihanna did it with Anti after massive flops and got the biggest hit of her career, Beyonce did it after Work It Out and got the biggest hit of her career, etc etc

3 hours ago, Liаm said:

This album lowkey being the biggest flop of the decade and on track to debut worse than 143 is crazy….💀 it definitely doesn’t deserve that.

In what way?! lol Come back to reality please Liam. This is debuting generally on par with Something Beautiful numbers-wise. There have been way bigger flops than this, have you already forgotten Lizzo? lol

3 hours ago, Liаm said:

This album lowkey being the biggest flop of the decade and on track to debut worse than 143 is crazy….💀 it definitely doesn’t deserve that.

Just weeks after Sam Smith, really? lol

I don't think Miley's ever really been a renowned huge album artist anyway so it doesn't really affect her in the same way say Witness did for Katy Perry (for example).

I didn’t even know Sam Smith released which says it all lmfao oop

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.