Jump to content

Featured Replies

Congrats Jim on the emphatic victory and with such a long song at that!! Happy to see my bronze medal triumphing.

Great results for my gold and silver from Brer and Julian as well, finishing in 6th and 7th. Insert 67 meme x

Boyish down in the bottom 2 though?? mess

I lowered my expectations for Static Dress after fearing they would fail to stand out in this field, so very pleased with 13th and four sets of top scores in the end. Thanks to those who supported it <3

Finally... muchas gracias uhsting for a great hosting job cheer

  • Replies 105
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • WOW... pretty much speechless after that! Thank you Bré for the crowning 12 points! Shot out to @RabbitFurCoat for introducing me to this song back in 2024! I'd never known a song to keep up the int

  • Wow! I did not expect to come second, especially after that slow start. Thanks to everyone who pointed Cardiacs, who are an 80s cult Indie band that knew no limit on genres. They're still going too bu

  • Done. For now I've just added all the links of the missing contests and updated the alphabetical song list (which I hope is complete as it seems a little short for 19 contests but maybe I'm wrong). Id

Posted Images

I'm actually 11th and super close to another top 10? 😦

Oh, well. It's not often I end up between 11-20 in song contests so that's something!

Congrats Jim and the people correctly identifying the landslide! Outside of BJSC I’m still awful at predictions *.* but nice to see my winner prediction Liquido not miles behind and I absolutely knew Addy would have sent that, as it’s a Euro classic!

Happy to just about avoid the bottom ten as I can see why people might consider Bad Idea a filler but it just really grabbed me so it was nice to see a few high scores for it, thank you kind voters!

Thanks Jack for hosting!

WOW... pretty much speechless after that! angel-old

Thank you Bré for the crowning 12 points!

Shot out to @RabbitFurCoat for introducing me to this song back in 2024! I'd never known a song to keep up the intensity for 15 minutes like it. I came back around to it earlier this year and thought well why not try it somewhere, but I never expected it to do this well - so I feel like RFC deserves the credit here!

Persistence pays off I guess at three debut wins in quick succession after the Worldvision spin-off and 20th C. - thrilled to be receiving the guitar widget (I think uhsting's needs to be added too!) and there'll be a 15 minute addition to that playlist of mine. Also looks like I'll be hosting the 20th Nuggets sometime next year, hype for that already!

Thanks again all for your support, and @uhsting for hosting!

Also the top end of that leaderboard is pretty fabulous, I voted for all of 3rd-7th! Well done Severin on triple figures too 👏

Congratulations Jim, it's always good to see a long song win a contest and it was 2nd in my vote, you join me on two contest wins in 2026.

9th place was higher than I expected for my own song, thanks to all who gave it points, especially WhoOdyssey for the 12. Lonely Robot is the solo project of John Mitchell who was the lead singer of It Bites who I sent to Bop Idol. I started listening to some Lonely Robot after liking the two It Bites albums from the 2000s.

Thanks to uhsting for doing a great job with the hosting.

Congrats Jim, sometimes an obvious winner is for a reason and there definitely wasn't anything else that it could've been.

Shame I dropped out of the top 10 at the end, but 15th is a lot better than I thought I'd do after the start, thanks for all who voted and would highly recommend the EP to those that enjoyed this one, maybe I'll send another song from it at one point x

Wonderful to see almost all of my top 5 in the top 10 and the other at 11th! I did think there was some very good, unique songs this edition despite not being the best overall, Alip_Ba_Ta deserved better though, that was very standout.

Thanks for hosting, uhsting!

Wow don't get that landslide at ALL but congrats again to Jim! The new Addy picking off all the site contests 👏

Pachinko top 5 we love to see it!

Thanks Jack and Lily! See you next time… or not.

Huge congratulations Jim! For the first few minutes of my 1st listen I thought it was unremarkable, and then it started going in one different direction after another, and when you thought it was done it went somewhere else again.

My only previous Nuggets entry 3 years ago was a flop so pleased to have got a 7th place on the board! Thanks for the votes: A Place To Bury Strangers are very New Order-esque to me and you can’t go wrong with that.

congrats @jimwatts clap you are slaying 2026 like no one else. Next is BJSC and it's just around the corner wub I can feel it!!!

So happy with Liquido finishing Top 4, I know it was a big hit in mainland and it's something I've grown to appreciate much later years than when it first came out lol. I didn't know it has accumulated over 300+ million streams though o, until it was brought up in here!!! So thank you to all 13 of you who voted for Narcotic wub

And lastly, thanks @uhsting for doing amazing job with hosting <3

Well done @jimwatts and thanks to @uhsting for being a babe 🖤

10 hours ago, Julian_ said:

See you next time… or not.


bratcheeseblock

Ha, this is my last Nuggets. It's not that Boyish flopped, I just really struggled to find songs I liked enough to vote for, and forcing myself to listen to every track multiple times was an absolute chore. Maybe the guitar life just isn't for me 🥹

Congrats @jimwatts, amazing entry! I have the attention span of a goldfish, so there's no way I'd go back to a 15-minute song, however, I added the radio edit to my playlist, as 'Share My Heat' is a gem 100%.

Yeah, I really was THAT predictable this time (again), but I just bumped into 'Kiskacsa fürdik (a véremben)' during the confirmation period and it became an instant fave, I could not not send it. 10th is a decent finish, I'm very happy with it - thanks Everyone for the points! ❤️

A bit too late to the party, but actually I thought this was a decent edition, not everything was for me, but my top 10 is pretty solid and I added a decent amount of songs to my playlist.

Thanks for the great hosting @uhsting, smooth as always!

Oh lmao. I sent desaparecidos on a whim after the whole “emo” thing, I do love the song but I never had it as a potential and I guess this is why lol. It’s a great song regardless x

I really do love my top 3 so s/o to @Jade @uhsting and @Addy! for the discoveries! (Also uhsting your entry this time around was 100x better than the haunted youth if I may be so bold). and ty to @Seven for the silver!!

Congrats to @jimwatts on the win and thanks again uhsting for hosting 💕

Edited by dhwe

Wow! I did not expect to come second, especially after that slow start.

Thanks to everyone who pointed Cardiacs, who are an 80s cult Indie band that knew no limit on genres. They're still going too but sadly singer Tim Smith is no longer with us.

Special metions to @Jacob @matto @danG and @HarryInnanen for the double figures scores. Much appreciated

For my votes Katia Pojidaeva stood out as an interesting and unusual track that improved with every minute that went by. Vana likewise. It was underwhelmed in the first verse but loved it by the finish. John Fogerty... well I love Creedence so that was to be expected. A Place to Bury Strangers and Joy Formidable were obvious contenders from the first listen, although I could have sworn JF had been in a contest on here before. Static Dress was another I expected to challenge. I first saw them live back in 2019 and have caught them a number of times since and they're always worth watching, especially if you're into post-hardcore. Olli's a great guy too.

Big well done to @jimwatts on a crushing victory. Thoroughly deserved.

The Joy Formidable have been in Nuggets before yes - 'The Leopard And The Lung' came 9th in the 13th edition.

8 minutes ago, Dobbo said:

The Nuggets archive is in dire need of an update now!

Yes, my indie forum legacy lmao kink (I was never a mod here, just someone who was willing to start that one day 10 years ago)

Maybe I should just update it myself when I feel up for it 🤔

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.