Posted 19 hours ago19 hr Hi, welcome to the 36th edition of Unknown Pleasures, the song contest that gives love and attention to a variety of alternative, lesser-known or even completely obscure music. The song you enter can feature guitars like in Nuggets, or it can be your favourite harp-meets-electronica track, an obscure cellist, or someone experimenting with accordion and throat singing. There are so many choices - as long as the track fits reasonably in this part of the forum and adheres to the following rules (not written by me):1. The artist or band must not have reached the top 75 of the UK singles chart, nor the top 40 of the UK albums chart. We are looking for obscure songs that will be new discoveries for most, if not all, the other participants.2. The song can't be featured on the current UK release schedule.3. The song can't have been submitted to any previous song contest on Buzzjack. Here are the archives for you to check (some of them may not be up to date):Unknown PleasuresNuggetsBJSCClub BizarrePFSCThe Best Song Contest In The World… Ever!Bop Idol4. Again, considering this is the Indie/Rock/Alternative forum, try to send something that fits in here.I will set the deadline for confirmations for Thursday 8th October 23:59 UK time (possibly subject to change). Let's enjoy this! 🙏CONFIRM BY FILLING IN THIS FORM
19 hours ago19 hr Author Known pleasurers:mattoAllStarBySmashMouthuhstingDaTiltSabrewulfjimwattsHarveCowTzyViper*Jadeblacksquare(11)
18 hours ago18 hr Author Few more things:There are a lot of different song contests around the forum these days, which can be slightly overwhelming at times if you're inclined to enter all or most of them, but it also offers more variety, so I do hope people enjoy this one too, and I look forward to hearing what songs you come up with 😊Please remember that this is an anonymous contest - I will reveal who is behind each song in the results show.Also, I said in the previous contest's results thread that I probably won't host the next one, so you may be surprised I'm hosting, I decided to go for it anyway (I hosted this once before in 2016).Have fun x
17 hours ago17 hr 2 UPs in a year we are not worthy *_* as always I have plenty of options for this contest
16 hours ago16 hr Author 1 minute ago, Harve said:Very confident that my entry is both unknown and pleasureable.I like that you entered as 'Skall' 😄
16 hours ago16 hr Sorry @matto if i'm being dumb but i'm new to this so I apologise.Is there very specific criteria like with Bop Idol having an album release in the 90's and in the 00's? Or is it simply just an obscure song that follows the 4 purple rules please?
16 hours ago16 hr Author 6 minutes ago, Viper* said:Sorry @matto if i'm being dumb but i'm new to this so I apologise.Is there very specific criteria like with Bop Idol having an album release in the 90's and in the 00's?Or is it simply just an obscure song that follows the 4 purple rules please? Not being dumb at all! This contest doesn't have a specific theme or restrictions in terms of release year / decade etc. Just as long as the song fits reasonably in this part of the forum (is more 'alternative', basically 😄) and isn't too well-known / follows the rules as outlined.
15 hours ago15 hr 32 minutes ago, matto said:Not being dumb at all! This contest doesn't have a specific theme or restrictions in terms of release year / decade etc. Just as long as the song fits reasonably in this part of the forum (is more 'alternative', basically 😄) and isn't too well-known / follows the rules as outlined.Thank you for the clarification! I'm on a night shift tonight so this will give me an excuse to look for something
5 hours ago5 hr The best contest returns already I complained about Nuggets but Unknown Pleasures always delivers 🖤
4 hours ago4 hr Kinda wanna break my Unknown Pleasures virginity at some point to continue ~broadening my musical horizons but not sure if I’ve got anything for it 🤔
4 hours ago4 hr Author 14 minutes ago, RobBot said:Kinda wanna break my Unknown Pleasures virginity at some point to continue ~broadening my musical horizons but not sure if I’ve got anything for it 🤔You've never entered it? Oh wow. Virgins more than welcome! 🙏--Someone has entered a song that I've had in my potentials playlist for a while BUT I've essentially disregarded it as a potential so I'm pleasantly shocked to see it here and I hope it can do well!
Create an account or sign in to comment