Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

oddsbanner.png

sf1banner.png

Lotunia | ENHYPEN 'Brought The Heat Back'
Cor Lupus | Earth Tongue 'Dimly Lit Cadaver'
Mulgracia | CHINCHILLA 'Viper'
Jupiterdonia | Arlissa 'Memory Of You'
Zanmatony | Rollergirl 'Close To You (AC-Koma Mix)'
Deandria | Thoom 'I'm Going Back To Lebanon'
Yehesi | UNIS 'Sky Land, Star Land'
Freidland | Sofia Camara 'Hallucinating'
Ojnoj | Tara Macri 'Grace'
N DNTN | IVE 'BANG BANG'
Mothertopia | MISSU 'OUTTASIGHT'
Greenfroze | SKYND 'Johnny Kitagawa'
Kluminican Republic | Mia Wray 'Isn't It Funny'
Harmonica | Astrality 'Deep Of You (feat. Marlo Rex)'
Bronzil | The Drums & Mareux 'It Didn't Matter'
Aelandor | Pool Kids 'Leona Street'
Lookylion | Frankie Rose 'Manifest'
Juranabaijan | Elliot Minor 'Parallel Worlds'
Herbilore | Levante 'SONO BLU'
Flynnonda | Ellie Goulding 'Animal (100th anniversary entry)'
Zephyra Continuum | 3 Steps Ahead 'Drop It'
République d'Áskorza | YGUANA 'Body'
Taahino | Anyma & Adam Sellouk 'Girls MIA (feat. Carly Gibert)'
Altyr Muunilinst | LEXXE 'The Box'
New Lexico | Nini Music & KUULAR 'Victorious'
Daehun | KiiiKiii 'Pop Off Pop Off'
Kylienips | COKAINÉ 'Amore Amore (KODI Remix)'
FARC | Indra 'Jokes On Me'
FSR Rontvia | Modern English 'I Melt With You'


sf2banner.png

Sovarasma | Wednesday 'Fine'
A-Konohagakure | Reikko 'obsessed'
Pagasa | Bleary Eyed 'Heaven Year'
Ennea | Kalandra 'Let Me Be Open'
Trifoski | the Mountain Goats 'The Mess Inside'
Land of DW | Jippu 'GAY'
Elëdan | Photay 'Bombogenesis'
Cheiron | Alexandra Savior 'Can't Help Myself'
POPHub | Cockhouse & NATHALIA 'Doink'
Danæviia | The Algorithm 'Graceful Degradation'
Pestolia | Perfume Genius 'Natural High (50th anniversary entry)'
Terra Avium | Adult DVD 'Rolling Face'
Hendinia | Anna Of The North 'Waiting For Love'
New Helvetica | Grouper 'Alien Observer'
Séyetana | Junior Mesa 'the cops are coming'
Dobago | Augalas 'All You Do Is Talk About Me'
Jadakissnia | Devil's Witches 'Porno Witch'
Persephonia | manifest 'Snap'
Dalisska | Erotic Secrets Of Pompeii 'Utterly Rudderless'
Skall | O'Flynn 'Kelsier'
Thelonia | My First Time 'Every Version Of You'
Vaskla | strongboi 'think twice'
East Rukahavian | Sarah Kinsley 'Truth Of Pursuit'
The Spodic Empire | Squarepusher 'Welcome To Europe'
Scotland 2 | 300SkullsAndCounting & Jenny Sparks 'The Ballad Of St Nick's Park'
Bøtanikkä | Temples 'Vendetta'
Ajanaeda | FKA twigs 'Lights On (50th anniversary entry)'
Aeroche | camoufly 'Odyssey'
Lentyll | Ninomae Ina'nis 'TEMARI'

  • Replies 54
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • blacksquare
    blacksquare

    I heard you call me boring Barbie when the coke's got you brave

  • That makes sense! To be clear, I take nothing about BJSC very seriously and treat everything like pantomime. That’s why I like to do the big 1-42 predictions and get conversation going, it’s all fun a

  • blacksquare
    blacksquare

    I think it’s all in jest Ultimately the girlies that are on the long streaks aren’t just there because of luck or their name, but because they know how to adapt to changing tastes and blocs. We all h

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, blacksquare said:

Before any votes come in... I'm expecting a big result for Pestolia this month 🖤

Same, the build-up gives me a bit of a ‘Eusexua’ vibe, which is fitting when twigs is in the contest too!

Early predix: POPHub landsllllllide

Edited by CowTzy

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Dobbo said:

Hear me out, is it finally East Ruk's moment in the sun?

Sarah Kinsley winning a year after Fleeting-gate is too perfect

I see it

Idhac!

Sovarasma | Wednesday 'Fine'
A-Konohagakure | Reikko 'obsessed'
Pagasa | Bleary Eyed 'Heaven Year'
Ennea | Kalandra 'Let Me Be Open'
Trifoski | the Mountain Goats 'The Mess Inside'
Land of DW | Jippu 'GAY'
Elëdan | Photay 'Bombogenesis'
Cheiron | Alexandra Savior 'Can't Help Myself'
POPHub | Cockhouse & NATHALIA 'Doink'
Danæviia | The Algorithm 'Graceful Degradation'
Pestolia | Perfume Genius 'Natural High (50th anniversary entry)'
Terra Avium | Adult DVD 'Rolling Face'
Hendinia | Anna Of The North 'Waiting For Love'
New Helvetica | Grouper 'Alien Observer'
Séyetana | Junior Mesa 'the cops are coming'
Dobago | Augalas 'All You Do Is Talk About Me'
Jadakissnia | Devil's Witches 'Porno Witch'
Persephonia | manifest 'Snap'
Dalisska | Erotic Secrets Of Pompeii 'Utterly Rudderless'
Skall | O'Flynn 'Kelsier'
Thelonia | My First Time 'Every Version Of You'
Vaskla | strongboi 'think twice'
East Rukahavian | Sarah Kinsley 'Truth Of Pursuit'
The Spodic Empire | Squarepusher 'Welcome To Europe'
Scotland 2 | 300SkullsAndCounting & Jenny Sparks 'The Ballad Of St Nick's Park'
Bøtanikkä | Temples 'Vendetta'
Ajanaeda | FKA twigs 'Lights On (50th anniversary entry)'
Aeroche | camoufly 'Odyssey'
Lentyll | Ninomae Ina'nis 'TEMARI'

2 minutes ago, Julian_ said:

Is that a prediction or just Scene’s taste? 🧐

Oh sorry I thought this was the taste thread. gaga

I’m crap with predictions but from first SF1 listen through, Greenfroze sounds like a contender

Also would be surprised to see Kylienips or Kluminican Republic qualify. Also think it will be very tricky for Herbilore, Cor Lupus, Juranabaijan, Zephyr and FS Rontvia to qualify based on the fact they are unique in a sea of pop

26 minutes ago, blacksquare said:

It’s not over until RontBet and DanBet says it is

image.png

1 hour ago, Herbs said:

Also would be surprised to see Kylienips or Kluminican Republic qualify. Also think it will be very tricky for Herbilore, Cor Lupus, Juranabaijan, Zephyr and FS Rontvia to qualify based on the fact they are unique in a sea of pop

I'm under no illusion that it was going to be easy for me to qualify. I think I'm actually in the better semi in terms of potential to qualify as I can see two of three potentially high voters and being different means you're not competing against similar songs... But I still think that means my ceiling is around 25th rather than probably rock bottom in the other semi lol

Edited by Juranamo

It is not over until the lady of an undisclosed weight sings.

17 minutes ago, Juranamo said:

I'm under no illusion that it was going to be easy for me to qualify. I think I'm actually in the better semi in terms of potential to qualify as I can see two of three potentially high voters and being different means you're not competing against similar songs... But I still think that means my ceiling is around 25th rather than probably rock bottom in the other semi lol

I think you should hopefully Q, it was a welcome breather to hear it after that long run of female pop (not that a lot of it wasn't good as there are some great pop songs in there) and Parallel Worlds has a big chorus that has a lot of pop appeal.

Also as I often say, just because people send a certain genre one month, doesn't mean they will be voting for only 10 songs from said genre, so I'm sure people will have room in their votes for some of these other sounds and the countries sending pop won't exclusively vote for pop. And the countries sending alt will find space for some of their favourite pop songs (there aren't 10 alt songs to vote for anyway in Semi 1, so they'll have to!).

History has shown that usually if there are a lot of songs in the same genre fighting for votes from the same people, some inevitably do get crowded out unfortunately. Which ones that will be, I don't know as most songs in Semi 1 sound like they have a fair shot at qualifying.

Edited by gooddelta

2 hours ago, Herbs said:

I’m crap with predictions but from first SF1 listen through, Greenfroze sounds like a contender

Also would be surprised to see Kylienips or Kluminican Republic qualify. Also think it will be very tricky for Herbilore, Cor Lupus, Juranabaijan, Zephyr and FS Rontvia to qualify based on the fact they are unique in a sea of pop

Surely that means they have more chance of "standing out" and thus likely getting more points that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten?

  • Author
8 minutes ago, gooddelta said:

History has shown that usually if there are a lot of songs in the same genre fighting for votes from the same people, some inevitably do get crowded out unfortunately. Which ones that will be, I don't know as most songs in Semi 1 sound like they have a fair shot at qualifying.


I think this is especially going to happen in SF2. No votes yet, but my guess is that a split alt vote will just lead to trickle points, allowing pop songs to squeeze past predicted qualifiers with a few big scores instead

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.