Jump to content

Featured Replies

01; Jessie Ware - The Kill

02; Kate Bush - Reaching Out

03; MARINA - Teen Idle

04; Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

05; Dido - Mary’s in India

06; Adele - Can I Get It

07; Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

08; Agnes - Loaded

09; Robyn - Time Machine

10; Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

Great round here, I didn't dislike anything. Fantastic stuff from Jessie, must get round to that album. I was hoping for something from the Ninth Wave section of Hounds of Love from Kate Bush, but this was lovely too x

Never been the biggest fan of Leona but my parents did used to buy her albums and that track, while dated, was one of the few songs I liked off it.

Poor Dido, I rather liked it x

  • Replies 94
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Posted Images

01 MARINA - Teen Idle

02 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

03 Agnes - Loaded

04 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

05 Robyn - Time Machine

06 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

07 Dido - Mary’s in India

08 Adele - Can I Get It

09 Jessie Ware - The Kill

10 Kate Bush - Reaching Out

  1. Leona Lewis – Outta My Head

  2. Kate Bush – Reaching Out

  3. Jessie Ware – The Kill

  4. Robyn –Time Machine

  5. Zara Larsson – Blue Moon

  6. Sophie Ellis-Bextor – New York City Lights

  7. Adele – Can I Get It

  8. Dido – Mary’s in India

  9. Agnes – Loaded

  10. MARINA – Teen Idle

FAVE

Adele - Can I Get It

Agnes - Loaded

Jessie Ware - The Kill

Robyn - Time Machine

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

MARINA - Teen Idle

Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

Kate Bush - Reaching Out

Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

Dido - Mary’s in India

LEAST FAVE

01 Zara Larsson

02 Adele

03 Leona Lewis

04 Robyn

05 Agnes

06 Marina

07 Sophie Ellis Bextor

08 Kate Bush

09 Jessie Ware

10 Dido

01. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head [Favourite]

02. Jessie Ware - The Kill

03. MARINA - Teen Idle

04. Agnes - Loaded

05. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

06. Robyn - Time Machine

07. Dido - Mary’s in India

08. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

09. Adele - Can I Get It

10. Kate Bush - Reaching Out

What an all timer of a banger from Leona. Just incredible! Really was a missed opportunity as a single (one of a handful from 'Echo'! #JusticeForNaked ). First discovered the Jessie track during AF Idol and it instantly became my favourite song by her! What an absolute STUNNER. A beautiful choice from MARINA too. Incredible choices by Agnes, Zara and Robyn also. Dido's song is lovely and it used to be one of my favourites from that album. I'm not sure I'm really and SE-B or Adele "fan" tbh. Neither of them do anything for me, but decent songs. Kate's song was alright, I've just completely forgotten everything about it, oops.

  1. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head [favourite]

  2. Robyn - Time Machine

  3. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

  4. Adele - Can I Get It

  5. Jessie Ware - The Kill

  6. Kate Bush - Reaching Out

  7. MARINA - Teen Idle

  8. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

  9. Agnes - Loaded

  10. Dido - Mary’s in India

1 Jessie Ware

2 Zara Larsson

3 Sophie Ellis-Bextor

4 Kate Bush

5 Adele

6 Leona Lewis

7 Robyn

8 Dido

9 Agnes

10 MARINA

jump

There was no way anyone was coming close to touching 'The Kill' here for me <3 I had heard the Zara song once before and forgotten how much of a banger it is, not quite on 'Midnight Sun' level but another goodun from this era and way better than her first two song picks. Nice to be getting a bit more behind one of the Sophie picks in this round too, the repeated 'do it, feel it' etc. refrain was pretty cool, a strong discovery there. Good if not outstanding picks from Kate and Adele as well. The Leona song definitely sounds a bit dated to me and not in as flattering a way as 'Come Alive' but I can certainly see why it's such a fan fave, it's not bad for what it is. Robyn and Dido's songs were fine but not enthusing me much (sorry to the latter who's struggling for the support oop x). Didn't really like the last two sorry - the lyrics on 'Teen Idle' are really clunky. MARINA has plenty of great stuff to pick from but she's now been last for me twice in a row oops! Obviously they're doing more for others though x

01 MARINA - Teen Idle

02 Jessie Ware - The Kill

03 Robyn - Time Machine

04 Adele - Can I Get It

05 Kate Bush - Reaching Out

06 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

07 Dido - Mary’s in India

08 Agnes - Loaded

09 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

10 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

01. Jessie Ware - The Kill

02. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

03. Robyn - Time Machine

04. Agnes - Loaded

05. MARINA - Teen Idle

06. Dido - Mary’s in India

07. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

08. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

09. Kate Bush - Reaching Out

10. Adele - Can I Get It

This was really interesting for me. "The Kill" is incredible, so definitely it was going to be atop. "New York City Lights" was really strong, as well as "Time Machine", so they were next. I also liked "Loaded" and "Teen Idle". "Mary's in India" was a safe choice in my opinion, but I do like it though. "Outta My Head" and "Blue Moon" were good, as well as "Reaching Out" and I wasn't too impressed by "Can I Get It". Oops!

  1. Marina - Teen Idle - a personal fave of mine, I had this on constant repeat when Electra Heart was released. Vocals and lyrics are superb

  2. Dido - Mary’s In India - I’m a bit heartbroken this has struggled Ngl. Love the story telling aspect of this song and Dido sounds amazing

  3. Leona Lewis - Outta My Head - why the hell was this not a single?! Tuuuune

  4. Robyn - Time Machine - solid choice

  5. Agnes - Loaded - enjoyed the production and vocals on this

  6. Adele - Can I Get It - still feels like a risky choice to me but it’s catchy enough and it will keep her in the competition

  7. Zara Larsson - Blue Moon - took some listens to grow on me

  8. Sophie Ellis Bextor - New York City Lights - liked but wanted it to be bigger

  9. Kate Bush - Reaching Out - looooved her vocals on this but found the chorus underwhelming

  10. Jessie Ware - The Kill - liked but kept forgetting how it went

Strongest category for me and all 10 would be nowhere near the bottom in the other categories

1 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

2 Jessie Ware - The Kill

3 Kate Bush - Reaching Out

4 Adele - Can I Get It

5 Robyn - Time Machine

6 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

7 MARINA - Teen Idle

8 Dido - Mary’s in India

9 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon

10 Agnes - Loaded

Very little to choose between all these songs for me, they were all in the 6-7/10 range or therebaouts, not that it matters at this stage probably (on which point, the Dido song is the one here I really couldn't have seen as a single, though it's fine as a song). Leona's stands out as an obvious sounding hit that was overlooked in favour of the mid-tempo balladry she was channeled towards.

01 Zara Larsson - Blue Moon (favourite)

02 Leona Lewis - Outta My Head

03 MARINA - Teen Idle

04 Robyn - Time Machine

05 Adele - Can I Get It

06 Jessie Ware - The Kill

07 Agnes - Loaded

08 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - New York City Lights

09 Dido - Mary’s in India

10 Kate Bush - Reaching Out

I actually liked everything! So to the lowest placed songs I'm sorry about that sad

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.