23 hours ago23 hr Looks like I got the right semi for my song, so we'll see how it goes. I haven't been feeling that sure if BJSC will respond to the song but at least it feels like it has a chance with this semi.I recognise a few artists and a couple songs (like the Earth Tongue and SKYND songs) but for the most part I haven't heard of many of the songs this month.
22 hours ago22 hr there are a number of acts/songs here that I love but i don't want to give premature hype to anyone bc it feels like that kind of contest lmao... we'll save it for the listenthru x
22 hours ago22 hr Sorry I should have mentioned before that my video should have a flashing light warning.
22 hours ago22 hr Pleasantly surprised nobody ended up subbing my other 2 potentials, one more for Nov/Dec then!
21 hours ago21 hr 3 hours ago, blacksquare said:In theory everyone should be happy as they’re mostly with their usual blocs? 🙏🏻
19 hours ago19 hr 5 hours ago, Bror said:Glad that FSR Rontvia have now sent Modern English after swapping away from it the other month (not that HENGE was a bad replacement...!) - I actually know of it via Todd in the Shadows' One Hit Wonderland series, although it's very generous for him to have considered them qualified for that as it was barely a hit (#76 in the US). It does have quite a high streaming tally though so clearly is somewhat of a cult hit, interested to see how many people do recognise it. (Also going for a song with Olivia Rodrigo connections worked well for me last month )4 hours ago, Cody DiLaurentis said:surprised it peaked that low considering I’ve seen it in so many 80s playlistsYeah, you'd never know it was barely a hit as it's seemingly one of the most-played 80s songs on the radio here. I'm surprised it peaked that low too, and didn't chart at all in the UK!?
19 hours ago19 hr I had no idea what song you guys were talking about until I saw the title but I thought there was no way until I looked it up and it was that song. I always assumed that was a top 10 hit!!
12 hours ago12 hr Think it's that time already - if The Celebrity Traitors is popular enough to strike out Thursday and Friday, that only really leaves tonight and tomorrow.I'm looking at SF1 for semi-regular listenthrough particpants and barely make it to double figures, so I'm not expecting it to be particularly well attended whenever it takes place, but I'm happy to take one for the team and host that one tonight, leaving Wednesday free for the SF2 one?
12 hours ago12 hr Author 12 hours ago, pavi said:I usually paste the text link (without the “?hl…” part, make a new line so that it converts into a URL and wait a little - it usually embeds itself within a few seconds.Thank you! It worked 🖤9 hours ago, Dobbo said:Sorry I should have mentioned before that my video should have a flashing light warning.Added a flash warning x
12 hours ago12 hr Author Forgot to mention, thank you to @Lindsey. and @dhwe for theming the semi finals with their drawings, and @JSG for the unhinged Star Trek reindeer in the banner. Everyone who made something will be featured in both the semi finals and finale results 🖤
12 hours ago12 hr I’m so honored you used it as the sf2 theme (tho I do wish I used a color other than black to draw lol, black on blue is a lil hard to see)
12 hours ago12 hr 14 minutes ago, jimwatts said:Think it's that time already - if The Celebrity Traitors is popular enough to strike out Thursday and Friday, that only really leaves tonight and tomorrow.I'm looking at SF1 for semi-regular listenthrough particpants and barely make it to double figures, so I'm not expecting it to be particularly well attended whenever it takes place, but I'm happy to take one for the team and host that one tonight, leaving Wednesday free for the SF2 one?I most likely won't be able to attend today (at least not for the whole thing) as usual for a Tuesday but fair enough - can definitely do semi 2 tomorrow.
12 hours ago12 hr Author 7 minutes ago, dhwe said:I’m so honored you used it as the sf2 theme (tho I do wish I used a color other than black to draw lol, black on blue is a lil hard to see)You're the reason I decided to use black on a forum that has a dark mode x I blame you for any readability issues 😮
12 hours ago12 hr Author 1 minute ago, Bror said:People who use dark mode deserve to suffer I fear.This is a direct hit to Cor Lupus
12 hours ago12 hr 25 minutes ago, Bror said:People who use dark mode deserve to suffer I fear.Why would anyone not use dark mode? 😮 Edited 11 hours ago11 hr by Juranamo
11 hours ago11 hr 7 hours ago, Riser said:Yeah, you'd never know it was barely a hit as it's seemingly one of the most-played 80s songs on the radio here. I'm surprised it peaked that low too, and didn't chart at all in the UK!?Also somewhat weirdly, on the Now Yearbook: The Vault 1983 CD where I first heard it (which features a disc of US hits that never charted in the UK), just before I Melt With You is your (massively underrated) entry Suddenly Last Summer by The Motels!
Create an account or sign in to comment