Jump to content

Featured Replies

Posted

2cdf3dad-ba48-44de-978e-cd252a225f56.png

Boot-Camp-Part-Two.png

Artist-Progress-Template4.png

SOLO FEMALE

Vitajte všetci!

A journey by road of just under 2000 kilometres from Barcelona, we now find ourselves in Bratislava, Slovakia for Boot Camp: Part Two; the fourth stop on The Pop Factor's European Adventure. From one iconic backdrop to another, this time the artists will showcase their talents in the grounds of Bratislava Castle while soaking up the quirky city, home to the UFO Bridge, Church of St. Elizabeth, and its medieval Old Town. This time there's no theme and only eight artists will make it to the next round and the next stop. Let's welcome back the solo female artists who are hoping to impress you, the voting BuzzJack public!

How it works:

Once you have listened to all of the artists perform you should post a ranking of each of the performances. You can rank them from best to worst (making clear which is your favourite down to least favourite), or use the template below:

01 (favourite)

02

03

04

05

06

07

08

09 (least favourite)

For those voting who have entered one of the artists into the competition, you should rank all nine performances in your own category (however it's encouraged that you vote in all categories), and when scores are totalled your entry will be removed from your list to retain anonymity in the competition.

As always, even if you are not competing in The Pop Factor you can vote too!

When voting closes, the eight female solo artists with the highest scores will proceed to the next round while ONE artist will be eliminated from the competition and will not be going through.

However, the competition doesn't end there. Any artists eliminated from the competition - until stated - will be eligible to compete for the chance to return and claim The Gamu Nhengu Gold Card.

Voting will close on Monday 12 October 2026, 17:59 BST

So, without further ado, it's time to put the solo female artists through their paces once more for the second part of BOOT CAMP...

01

AgnesArtistCard.png

02

KateBushArtistCard.png

03

ZaraLarssonArtistCard.png

04

MarinaArtistCard.png

05

JessieWareArtistCard.png

06

RobynArtistCard.png

07

AdeleArtistCard.png

08

LeonaLewisArtistCard.png

09

SophieEllisBextorArtistCard.png

Standard list of entries:

Agnes - 24 Hours

Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

MARINA - I Am Not a Robot

Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy

Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning

Adele - Chasing Pavements

Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide

Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet

Spotify and Apple Music* playlists coming soon!

*with thanks to pavi for Apple Music playlists

  • Replies 26
  • Views 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • It must be quite the comfort to know you can crash out at any time but you’ve got two of the most loved songs of all time on Buzzjack in your back pocket 😂

  • Oh and voters - please don’t mark Marina harshly because it’s a ballad Ballads are pop music too!

  • Lee_J11
    Lee_J11

    Oh dear Robyn practically dead on arrival Dancing On My Own for the Gamu round anyone? 😂

Posted Images

This is very much a round of songs that by popular artists that I find to be underrated and not killed by overplay.

24 Hours, Bittersweet, Collide, Can’t Tame Her all fit that brief for me but love them all.

That’s a brave Robyn choice but I expect she’s got enough fans to survive it? Probably?

Ffs

So I have personal chart number ones/top 5’s from Marina, Jessie Ware, Agnes, Adele and Leona Lewis in this round…..

Not 24 Howers!

Much better pick from MARINA for me this week after not being keen on her last two.

Oh and voters - please don’t mark Marina harshly because it’s a ballad

Ballads are pop music too!

Wow, Keep This Fire Burning. At least with the recognisability factor from the Beverley Knight cover it should help it but there are some incredible songs in here. Robyn could be a bit of an underdog.

Happy to see Collide played for Leona as I didn't know if it would be, but I love it.

Oh and I fully expected Cloudbusting from Kate. Was clear she was getting into trouble and needed a large smash to see her through, and this will do it.

Edited by gooddelta

That's definitely my favourite MARINA pick so far and the Zara choice is inspired too. I'm actually not sure Cloudbusting will be the song to take Kate through but we'll see.

Agreed with Rob in that seemingly majority of the ladies here have all played their most underrated/under appreciated songs!

That’s my favourite Sophie song! Glad to see it played.

I think Agnes could get the victory this round… WHAT A SONG!

Jessie is the only one I don’t think I’ve heard before (well I don’t recognise it by name anyway!)

This is gonna be tough!

Agnes, Adele and Sophie!! heart All among my faves of their respective back catalogues. wub And although I haven't heard that Zara song in a while, I remember it being a bit of a bop! Marina has also played a big fan fave so she should be fine this round.

Robyn and Leona's choices are a bit underwhelming for me this round but maybe better to play them sooner than later? unsure

  1. ZARA LARSSON (FAVE)

  2. JESSIE WARE

  3. SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

  4. KATE BUSH

  5. AGNES

  6. MARINA

  7. ADELE

  8. ROBYN

  9. LEONA LEWIS

 

I knew every song entered in this one quite well so it just took one listen to quickly revisit and decide on an order. These are all heavy hitters so this is going to be soooocompetitive. I’ve had to put Leona last but I still listen to it semi-regularly. That’s how strong everyone has played their choices here.

image.png

01 Sophie Ellis-Bextor – Bittersweet infectious electropop Sophie at her very best. heart I adore the verses especially. Definitely deserved top 10 hit status.

02 Agnes - 24 Hours one of Agnes's very best songs for me. heart sounds timeless to me and her voice..! Love!

03 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy easily my favourite Jessie song so far! Giving me HAIM vibes in parts. Great chorus too.

04 Adele - Chasing Pavements I love a bit of old-school Adele. This song has grown on me so much over the years. Nice to see Adele cover all 4 albums already.

05 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her a bit of an earworm! Really strong choice from Zara here. Possibly my favourite of her selections so far!

06 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting another good song from Kate albeit lacking a wow factor for me.

07 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot oops never been a Marina fave of mine and listening to it again it's just not hitting the mark like the songs above.

08 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide I've always wanted to like this more than I do. lol Leona's voice is ofc incredible but the song itself is basic and a little flat. ph34r

09 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning this is ok but left the smallest impression compared to the rest - sorry!

  1. MARINA - I Am Not a Robot - This is such a beautiful song that has basically been going round my head a few times a week since I first heard it in 2010, I love it a lot and it's lyrically relateable too.

  2. Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide - I always loved this, moreso than Avicii's Fade Into Darkness, I just love hearing Leona on a dance track like this. That backing track is wonderful and her vocal soars on it, I wish she had done more stuff like it.

  3. Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her - reminds me of that Eurovision opening party in Liverpool where Zara performed it live. Definitely the best song from her khia era and deserved a much better peak, but it's hard to get a mega hit when everything is working against you. My long overdue first high ranking for Zara!

  4. Adele - Chasing Pavements - a lovely song and a strong first big hit from Adele, you don't hear it as much these days so it was nice to hear it again. I did really enjoy the singles from 19, before she went stratospheric with big production values to match.

  5. Kate Bush - Cloudbusting - A classic song, of course, with a unique almost shuffling/marching vibe in places, deserved a better peak than No.20.

  6. Agnes - 24 Hours - A very strong song and one I saw her perform live earlier in the year but there are others I love even more from this album.

  7. Sophie Ellis-Bextor - you can tell this is another Freemasons production as it's cut from the same cloth sonically as Heartbreak Make Me A Dancer, I think I did expect this to peak higher at the time.

  8. Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy - good, catchy disco, sorry to rank it so low, I just really like that top eight but do enjoy this too.

  9. Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning - Beverley Knight's note for note cover of this amuses me somewhat, I guess she felt she could get away with it as it was from Robyn's wilderness years. The song is decent, not a huge fave of mine from either artist but it is funky.

01 Adele - Chasing Pavements

02 Kate Bush - Cloudbusting

03 Sophie Ellis-Bextor - Bittersweet

04 Agnes - 24 Hours

05 Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her

06 Jessie Ware - Hot N Heavy

07 Leona Lewis feat. Avicii - Collide

08 MARINA - I Am Not a Robot

09 Robyn - Keep This Fire Burning

A big improvement on the last round. Only the last 3 I didnt care for sadly.

1 Zara Larsson

2 Agnes

3 Leona Lewis

4 Adele

5 Jessie Ware

6 Marina

7 Sophie Ellis-Bexter

8 Robyn

9 Kate Bush

It must be quite the comfort to know you can crash out at any time but you’ve got two of the most loved songs of all time on Buzzjack in your back pocket 😂

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1