Jump to content

SoundClash: One Hit Wonders | #16 31 members have voted

  1. 1. Vote for your FAVOURITE one hit wonder

    • Little Trees – Help I'm A Fish (I'm A Little Yellow Fish) {#11, 2001}
    • Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks {#18, 2011}

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Posted

It's SoundClash!

In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.

In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.

These are the two songs going head to head this round;

Little Trees – Help I'm A Fish (I'm A Little Yellow Fish) {#11, 2001} 🇩🇰

Little Trees were a Danish teen-pop girl group from Copenhagen, consisting of Marie Brøbech, Stephanie Nguyen and Sofie Walburn Kring. They are best remembered for the title song from the 2001 animated film Help! I’m a Fish.

Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks {#18, 2011} 🇺🇸

Foster the People are an American indie pop band formed in Los Angeles who broke through internationally in 2011 with global success. Their music often combines upbeat production with darker or thought-provoking lyrical themes.

You Decide!

Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;

Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMA

Vanessa Amorosi vs. Ten Walls

Divine Inspiration vs. Kent Jones

Newton Faulkner vs. Bridgit Mendler

Andreas Johnson vs. Nico & Vinz

DB Boulevard vs. Grace

Little Jackie vs. Wynter Gordon

O-Zone vs. Dynoro & Gigi D'Agostino

The Bravery vs. Alex Clare

Esmée Denters vs. Secondcity

ATC vs. Christine And The Queens

Mini Viva vs. Charlie Brown

Khia vs. Daisy Dares You

Andrew W.K. vs. Karmin

Daniel Powter vs. Rachel Platten

  • Replies 20
  • Views 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Remember when these two turned up in One Hit Wonder Bop Idol together cheeseblock

Anyway, as much as I love a naff novelty song, I'm voting for Pumped Up Kicks.

'Pumped Up Kicks' is fine but never been a big fan.

Whereas 'Help Im A Fish' I bought. I think it's a fun and cute track and still do so I'm voting for it as the clear underdog x

Never heard Little Trees until now...., Wasn't a fan of this at the time when it was released but it would have to be Foster The People who get my vote.

I'M A LITTLE YELLOW FISH IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA, WON'T SOMEBODY HELP ME?!

I think it needs the help too, so I'm voting for that!

Voted for 'Little Fish' despite not knowing it much as a song as its nostalgic eurodance plus 'Pumped Up Kicks' was overplayed and I got very quickly bored of it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.