Posted Tuesday at 17:473 days It's SoundClash!In this event we celebrate the one hit wonders of the 21st century so far.In each round, two songs will go head to head to come out on top, with each credited artist only having a single UK Top 40 hit to their name. In each case, you're voting for your favourite song. The winning songs will then go into a grand collection of one hit wonders to be voted for once the opening rounds are complete.These are the two songs going head to head this round;Little Trees – Help I'm A Fish (I'm A Little Yellow Fish) {#11, 2001} 🇩🇰Little Trees were a Danish teen-pop girl group from Copenhagen, consisting of Marie Brøbech, Stephanie Nguyen and Sofie Walburn Kring. They are best remembered for the title song from the 2001 animated film Help! I’m a Fish.Foster The People – Pumped Up Kicks {#18, 2011} 🇺🇸Foster the People are an American indie pop band formed in Los Angeles who broke through internationally in 2011 with global success. Their music often combines upbeat production with darker or thought-provoking lyrical themes.You Decide!Here is what we have had so far in this series of SoundClash;Iglu & Hartly vs. ALMAVanessa Amorosi vs. Ten WallsDivine Inspiration vs. Kent JonesNewton Faulkner vs. Bridgit MendlerAndreas Johnson vs. Nico & VinzDB Boulevard vs. GraceLittle Jackie vs. Wynter GordonO-Zone vs. Dynoro & Gigi D'AgostinoThe Bravery vs. Alex ClareEsmée Denters vs. SecondcityATC vs. Christine And The QueensMini Viva vs. Charlie BrownKhia vs. Daisy Dares YouAndrew W.K. vs. KarminDaniel Powter vs. Rachel Platten
Tuesday at 17:513 days Remember when these two turned up in One Hit Wonder Bop Idol together Anyway, as much as I love a naff novelty song, I'm voting for Pumped Up Kicks.
Tuesday at 17:573 days Author I voted for the 1.2 billion viewed music video, once a personal ringtone of mine. Landslide winner perhaps?
Tuesday at 18:143 days Can't take Help me I'm A Fish seriously - a bit too much novelty. So decision is easy.
Tuesday at 19:163 days 'Pumped Up Kicks' is fine but never been a big fan.Whereas 'Help Im A Fish' I bought. I think it's a fun and cute track and still do so I'm voting for it as the clear underdog x
Tuesday at 19:223 days Wait wait wait Pumped Up Kicks WASN'T a multi-week Top 10 single? It feels so much bigger than its peak.
Tuesday at 19:353 days Never heard Little Trees until now...., Wasn't a fan of this at the time when it was released but it would have to be Foster The People who get my vote.
Tuesday at 19:493 days I'M A LITTLE YELLOW FISH IN THE DEEP BLUE SEA, WON'T SOMEBODY HELP ME?!I think it needs the help too, so I'm voting for that!
Wednesday at 15:072 days Apologies to the fish I won't be helping on this occasion as it has to be 'Pumped Up Kicks' <3
Wednesday at 16:072 days Voted for 'Little Fish' despite not knowing it much as a song as its nostalgic eurodance plus 'Pumped Up Kicks' was overplayed and I got very quickly bored of it.
Create an account or sign in to comment