23 hours ago23 hr omgggggg 8th best bop idol result to date yaurrrrrrrrrrrrr congrats scene and thanks rollo for hosting!i'm like @Bror as i found my entry by searching the best art pop artists on rateyourmusic riding on an art pop wave i had at the time
23 hours ago23 hr Dear @Scene , I’m really happy that you won! ❤️ I’m not really that into pop, but Christina’s songs, especially her early-2000s ballads, are right up my alley. I can be a bit of a sentimental drama queen sometimes, I like to let myself hurt haha 😅 Either way, I think you absolutely deserved the win, and you handled the theme cleverly. ❤️I’m already looking forward to your next contest. ❤️Thanks to everyone who voted for Unkle. 🤍
23 hours ago23 hr Thank you for running this @King Rollo, it was fun to follow. ❤️ Thank you for my votes I'm very pleased with 3rd.
23 hours ago23 hr Xtina was close to getting points from me but 'You Lost Me' didn't need me (could make a pun about this?) after all with that 29 point lead! I also almost pointed Cher and Robyn. Welp, I can only rank 10 songs so that's that.7th place for the wonderful collab of Sharon and Tarja, both started in the 90's. Thank you for the pointage! (and a third top 10 in Bop Idol!)
23 hours ago23 hr Wonder how the voting in this one ended up being so pop leaning oops.Anyway I was impressed with that Christina song, enough to give it 1 point. I’m glad I did as it means I’ve maintained my record of voting for (or providing) every Bop Idol winner to date. Congratulations Scene and good to have another from within the mod team.Thanks Rollo and thank you for that stunning Peter Gabriel track which I’m sure I would never have heard even though I sent Peter myself in the One Word One Noun contest.And I know seeing Kate again got a bit of a groan but I really think this is a beautiful later ballad from her: the imagery is just exquisite.
23 hours ago23 hr Thanks for a great contest @King Rollo and congrats @Scene on the win, I'm not bitter at all it's not my worst result in this contest but 24 is my lucky number so I'll take it!
23 hours ago23 hr Oh...! I was 8th with 66 points after my own votes were revealed, didn't get a single further point in the five votes after that but somehow only dropped 1 place. Hooray for hanging on for a top 10 after all then! Only my second to date in Bop Idol and it's matched the position of my first with Tokio Myers. (My biggest Bop Idol hit being an Ed Sheeran cover is a bit aged like milk so at least it's only joint biggest now hehe)Only 3 of my votes finished in the top half oops so not the most I've been with the zeitgeist despite the good result for my own entry - Placebo were the only one of the top 7 I voted for (the best of the rest was All Saints who weren't too far off being a commiseration for me). At least my 12 from Kaku P-MODEL was up in the top 10 too and a good showing for another of my medals in Legowelt. A disappointing result for Peter Gabriel though who stood out a lot to me, also much too low there for Sweet Trip and Neneh Cherry </3 but a decent enough amount of justice achieved for Cusco.Thanks Rollo for the hosting, didn't get to engage with this contest as much as I hoped with me missing the listenthrough and only getting around to even listening at the last minute but still some great discoveries here.
22 hours ago22 hr 15 minutes ago, gooddelta said:Last by some distance oops, well thank you to the three voters and I will be sure not to play another singer-songwriter of that style in Bop Idol!Ridiculous result but I think can happen with singer songwriter stuff if you just miss the alt votes. I thought it was really lovely though. Reminds me of inexplicably bombing with Imogen Heap in the contest you won.
22 hours ago22 hr Author Thanks to everyone for taking part and commenting on the results, I enjoyed hosting the contest. The theme was originally going to be acts that released their first record before 1990 but the mods persuaded me to include acts from the 90s as long as there was still a gap of 10 years to the song entered as they thought the original theme might be too difficult for some people and reduce the number of entries. I think they were right but the original idea would have excluded most of that top 10 and left room for Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, Aha, Duran Duran, Bon Jovi, Sparks, Marillion, Yes, The Cure etc who no one picked here.
22 hours ago22 hr Congratulations Scene on your first Bop Idol win and I believe this is your third contest win of the year, so welcome to that particular club! It's very rare I don't vote for any of the top 5, but here we are - I'm glad my top scorer Trance To The Sun remained top 10 though!This was an interesting theme concept, and I can see the original idea would have made for a different set of names - I'd have sent the same song though. Thanks Rollo for hosting!
22 hours ago22 hr Wonderful to finish up in 4th after several beginning votes left me on 0. Must've been the 1st or 2nd to confirm but I really like the track despite the low 26 peak in my chart back then. Thanks for all the votes especially Jack /uhsting for the 12 .'You Lost Me' is a gorgeous ballad for me and though cheap deserves it's flowers. She can really do no wrong with ballads imo.Thank you Rollo for the hosting and was a fresh and interesting theme too!
22 hours ago22 hr Author One other thing to note, Kate Bush had 46 points from the first 13 votes but nothing from the last 19 votes so was stuck on 46 points for the rest of the voting period.
22 hours ago22 hr can't complain about 10th place! i was hoping to just stay top 10 once it became clear the heavy-hitters would start crowding the top spots and I'm glad I just eked it outI was listening to a lot of 90s modest mouse earlier this year so it felt right to enter them here. not really fond of their material from 2010 onwards but "little motel" is probably my favorite song of theirs post-"float on" so I'm glad it found its fans here (s/o to @Viper* as well, I'm glad you liked it that much 💕)absolutely loved my top 5 as well, blink was destined to be my 12 bc I've been listening to an ungodly amount of 00s emo/pop-punk dreck 😭 but "ghost on the dance floor" is not dreck thankfully xty @King Rollo for hosting, and congrats to @Scene!! Edited 22 hours ago22 hr by dhwe
17 hours ago17 hr Congratulations to @Scene on winning and @Lukuzz & @Spiceboy on their podium finish.Thank you to everyone who voted for my entry from Matchbox 20. I believe that was my best finish!Finally thank you to @King Rollo for running this wonderful edition of Bop Idol.
16 hours ago16 hr First of all thank you @King Rollo for hosting this. Quite satisfied with finishing 12th with a more unknown act given the large list of big names here. I know this Legowlet tune from when it was released and had this in my potentials list for quite somne time. Now was the time to bring it on. Thanks to all voters of Legowelt, particularly to @Dobbo for the 12 points.This contest was very pop-heavy, but in this contest I enjoyed the ALT-side much more. The biggest exception was Love Divineby Seal - what a great pop song - a bit robbed in that contest. The All Saints song was also quite nice. Happy that Placebo ended up that high - they cannot do wrong - such a great band.Congratulation @Scene , eventhough that Christina song was not for me.
14 hours ago14 hr Missed all this yesterday!Very happy with a silver medal, wasn’t expecting to get so high!there was no beating Christina let’s be honest! (I did debate giving the song nothing cause I knew it’d do so well but I couldn’t and still gave it my 12. Such a good song!)Some of the rock songs deserved better mind Edited 14 hours ago14 hr by Lukuzz
14 hours ago14 hr Excellent work @King Rollo, it was really engaging, thank you so much. I’m in awe of all you guys with your hosting in these contests. In the (very) unlikely event that I actually win one of these, I’m not sure a Luddite like me with his pen, paper and calculator could manage it!Congratulations @Scene for the win, it’s a really lovely ballad that I gave 5 points to. Well done @Lukuzz & @Spiceboy for the podium places. Thanks to @Julian_ for the great Kate Bush song which got my 12 points, I love that Aerial album. Special mention to @dhwe for my favourite new discovery by Modest Mouse, maybe the Johnny Marr feature subconsciously raised it up further for me?Thank you for the 11 of you voting for Here Lies Love, midish table again so I’m pretty happy.Great fun again all ! Edited 13 hours ago13 hr by Jaz13music
13 hours ago13 hr Congrats Scene on the win!26th is not the greatest result for my song oops but a far more satisfying outcome is my top 3 (Trance To The Sun, Modest Mouse and Kaku P-Model in that order) all finishing next to each other in the 8th to 10th zone on the scoreboard 🤩 fantastic picks from Brer, dhwe and uhsting.Thank you Rollo for a great hosting job.
Create an account or sign in to comment